Gal gathering?

Gal gathering?

• Can't make it on this day

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
well I dont have a car and the rivers are too far from me to walk! so TV and house cleaning and cooking it is! and day dream about being on a nice river with lots of fish and reeling me in a fat coho ah those are the dreams gods create....

Ohhhhhhhhh I've actually never had tuna fresh...always from the can.

I can bring fruit stuff, and beverages, and, baked lays and jerky are kinda my thing lol

Okay, I'll make a huge tuna salad and bring white & wheat bread. I'm totally down with baked lays, I'm on Weight Watchers. Fruit and jerky rock too.

I'm not saying I wouldn't splurge and have something totally decadent and sweet though. I can be naughty once in awhile.

OnTheFly

Okay, I'll make a huge tuna salad and bring white & wheat bread. I'm totally down with baked lays, I'm on Weight Watchers. Fruit and jerky rock too.

I'm not saying I wouldn't splurge and have something totally decadent and sweet though. I can be naughty once in awhile.

If I may poke my head in here for a sec I just wanted to say I hope you gals have a fish lip ripp'in good time up there and I'll do an anti-rain dance for you. Also, I think it's highly entertaining of you to include us in your preparations even your meal plans. As for BobbiDoll and the rest of you splurging, I think I recall a mention of pie.

lilsalmon

So what does that leave me? The Buttershots?...:D The only splurge I indulge in is Cosco cheese cake....

The important thing is that I got my flies all lined up and ready to go........

lilsalmon

side dishy it is.....Did I see mentioned of a covered shelter? I can bring my EZ up canopy also in case we need it.....not for rain, cuz it isn't going to rain but to get out of the bright sunshine that is going to shine on us all day....:D

Definitely bring a big tarp. Looks like even the Eastside, where I'm headed, is going to get hit with some precip.
Sunday looks like the worst day. Good chance that I'll be packing a wet tent.

J/K about the camp raid.......the menu does sound good, though :D
Be safe, have fun, catch fish.....in that order.

Last edited:

JeannaJigs

Uhm so I went salmon fishing today on the coast and those pesky failing brakes that I didn't fix yet...started grinding which made for a nervous very cautious drive home. The parts are ordered but I haven't got them yet :( which means I'll be driving my Kia, that has the potential to not survive the drive. I'm going to gas it up and give it a go but if I'm not there, I'm on the side of the road somewhere on hwy 126 :(

JeannaJigs

Thanks rose!

Well a least we won't have to worry about sunscreen. Which oddly is now in my fishing bag. Didn't have it all summer and fried bit now that fall rains are here, I'm packing the sun block.

See you ladies soon!

lilsalmon

Hit!!!!!

Hit!!!!!

So, we had a great time!!!! I got totally skunked but will post more tomorrow. It took me 1 hour and 45 minutes to get from Springfield to Albany after dropping Jeanna OFF....Beaver/Ducks traffic. GO BEAVS......anyway I was soaked through to the skin, cold, tired and my heater quit working (but wouldn't give up the fun had by all today). Going to crawl in a warm bed and post in the morning....

So, we had a great time!!!! I got totally skunked but will post more tomorrow. It took me 1 hour and 45 minutes to get from Springfield to Albany after dropping Jeanna OFF....Beaver/Ducks traffic. GO BEAVS......anyway I was soaked through to the skin, cold, tired and my heater quit working (but wouldn't give up the fun had by all today). Going to crawl in a warm bed and post in the morning....

I figured there had to be a ball game since there were more idiots on the road than normal last night and a bunch of them had their vehicles decorated. That and all the standing water on the road made for a pretty brutal drive, almost 3 hours.

And I got skunked too Rose, I hooked up but lost it.

lilsalmon

Hmmmmm, nobody has posted. Here goes.

So, Jigs and I arrive at Clear Lake fashionably late where we find a lone fisherwoman wandering the parking lot. We introduce and wait around for Raincatcher (missed having you there Barb and Carrie). We get our stuff together and head down to get our boat. A little fog and mist on the lake is about it. The fish were jumping all over the lake. Well, we rowed around the lake for a few hours and didn't get a thing. I didn't have one bite on a dry, wet, nymph. Not a thing. The gear tossers (hehe) didn't get anything either. Saw a lot of very big fish down in the water but they just were not interested. We took a break and had a sammich and took care of business and went back out on the lake. Nada. It was fun rowing around and laughing and people watching. There was a good amount of boats on the water.....6 or 7 and a lot of hikers.

So, we decided to go to Carmen Res. The bridge was gone and the level was low so we left there and hit the river. Not sure where we were but I spent most of the time getting my fly out of a tree. No wading in this area. Jeanna got the first and only fish of the day. A big beautiful bull trout. We didn't get a pic as we wanted to get it back in the water. Very very nice fish, Jeanna.

So, I suggested we go somewhere with some riffles and good fly fishing water so we headed back to Trailbridge CG and fished around the bridge. Still couldn't wade as it was too deep but gave it a shot. The rain started coming down harder but that didn't stop us. Jeanna had a nice one on but lost it, not sure about Bobbi cuz they were on the other side of the river. She will have to tell her stories. Way up the river was some nice riffles and so I headed down a gated road to see if I could find some fish...sheesh...too many trees. I went through the trees to the river and couldnt find enough room to turn around let alone fish. grrrrrr.

By this time I was soaked and my waterproof jacket was no longer waterproof so I pooped out and went to the car to get kinda dry. Bout 20 minutes later we were all headed back to Clear Lake and a shelter to have some food.

Wow, the food was great. Bobbi made tuna salad for sammiches with her own tuna she caught. Best tuna ever. We had all the fixins and potato salad and donuts and muffins and fruit, oh my. There was a fireplace in the shelter and wood thrown on the floor so we had built a fire. We were all soaked and cold and wow did it feel good.

During our cleanup the men from the "retreat" (bobbi's story) showed up with their lantern and other stuff and informed us that they hold their "meetings" there and that was their wood......grumpy men. They didn't even thank us for getting their fire going...pretty much chased us out. That's okay, we were done anyway and had tons of laughs at their expense...:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, if you fell asleep reading this.....I talk better than write. We all had a wonderful time, fishing and laughing and fishing some more....with more laughter.

I have some pics and hopefully some more get posted. I had a hard time earlier trying to upload them for some reason so I will try again.

1. They always have to put up signs..:D
2. Mmmmm, dinner
3. Bobbidollpdx
4. Nice fire
5. Lunch
6. Jeanna's "big one"
7. Leaving the dock
8. Jeanna's same "big one" :D

Mike123

The only fish was a trophy bull trout?! How big? What'd ya catch it on Jeanna? Awesome how the numbers of those are increasing.

I've got pictures too but they will have to wait until I get home from work.

First let me say that staying in a cabin alone in the woods is probably one of the dumbest things I've ever done. Although, I wasn't really alone... I had Hairy McSpiderson and his twin brother to keep me company. Hairy died pretty early in the evening.

I had planned on getting up at 6am to get ready but the second big fat hairy spider made his appearance at 5am when I got up to pee and it managed to get away. There was no way I was going back to sleep after that. Instead I spent the next 2 hours shaking out and inspecting everything I had brought into the cabin to ensure there would be no hitchhikers coming home with me.

If you guys think I am being a wuss, just wait until I post the pictures.

So, I was dressed and ready to go pretty early, ended up sitting in my car reading and waiting for the ladies to show up.

Right about the same time Jeanna and LilSalmon showed up, a huge herd of manfolk came traipsing through the parking lot towards the shelter (including one shirtless ultra hottie). Turns out they were part of a "men's retreat" and we had a couple of (inappropriate) chuckles at their expense. Guitars, bare chests and bibles... I couldn't help it... I'm a bad bad girl.

So, we go rent our boat which came with about a gallon of water in the bottom to get us started. We all took turns rowing around the lake and even though we threw everything we had at those fish, they weren't having it. We would have thrown the kitchen sink at them but it probably would have sunk the boat. Oh wait, we could have used it as an anchor. We didn't get an anchor with our boat. We experienced anchor envy.

The rain started picking up around 10am so we went back for nature breaks, donuts, sandwiches and raingear. Got back on the water and still, no luck. Although we did see lots bubbles and at one point thought we saw a reed sticking up out of the water and following the boat. We figured it was probably GZ trying to hang out while avoiding the whole brozillian wax requirement.

Finally we decided that Clear Lake sucks the big one and we didn't HAVE to stay there so we went out in search of better water.

As Rose mentioned, Jeanna landed a nice bull trout, I hooked up seconds later but it spit the hook right at the bank.

We spent the next several hours getting poured on and fishing our tails off, we definitely gave our best efforts that day.

When we'd had enough we headed back to Clear Lake for dinner. We had way too much food for 3 people. Rose made an awesome potato salad (I had some for dinner last night) and there were donuts, chips, muffins, fruit and tuna sandwiches.

We had a wet sweatshirt contest but I don't know who won. Well probably not me, I didn't have a sweatshirt, just a turtleneck.

We built an awesome fire that was totally unappreciated when the bible and guitar carrying men came back (with their shirts on). Although one of them did help carry some stuff to my car. Could be he was just trying to get rid of us quicker.

The drive home was brutal and I didn't sleep well that night because I was apparently still totally traumatized by the spider twins, but I really had a lot of fun. Lots of laughs and lots of food, pretty hard to go wrong with that.

JeannaJigs

Thanks Rose for those great pictures LOL.

I haven't been able to post on my phone for some reason, or I woulda chimed in sooner. It was a great day, despite all the rain, the herd of shirtless kumbaya singing bible men, and lack of limits.

I really wish I had got a picture of that bull trout!! It wasn't a monster, but I have only caught tiny little ones in trail bridge, so that was a nice one in comparison, probably about 15 inches and a fatty. But what made it amazing was it was in it's spawning colors, so very dark olive with vibrant gold/orange/red spots, and the head was hugggge. It was deep hooked so I struggled getting the hook out, so as soon as it was out, back in the water he went. Really good to see these fish making such a good comeback. The second fish I hooked into was even larger, and I didn't get a great visual on the coloring, but I'm pretty sure it was a bull too. Hooked both of them on rooster tails, one was yellow, one salmon fly brown.

The fire was possibly the best thing of the day, and then the herd of menfolk came back to ruin it and told us not to touch their wood...(heh). I wanted to comment, but I refrained. We got out of there before things got awkward-er.

I mean, who leaves wood in a public shelter, and then comes back and is like that's ours no touch? Anyways, great day.

People watching with you gals was great LOL. It's nice to meet people that share similar thought processes.

P.s. neck holes.

Top Bottom