G33 .357

A
adambomb
I am wanting to upgrade my concealed carry piece, and am thinking about the Glock G33 in .357. I have read good things about the ballistics, but I was wondering if it is a true .357 or a shortened version? Has anyone ever fired one of these pistols? How manageable is the recoil?

Last edited:
M
Markcanby
Its a auto so 357 Sig. As far as factory ammo goes you probably wont see any difference but in hand loads there can be a big difference. The Sigs might be hard to find as it isn't that popular. Also you can get about the ballistics from 9mm +p ammo. If it were me I would just bump up to the 40cal its going to have less penetration but for a carry gun you dont want to holes all the way through your target. Oh an myself I would never get a Glock look at the Sig p220 Carry Elite Its had me drooling for a couple years 900$ ouch but its worth it.

F
fishkiller
The only problem would be is the availability of ammo. I don't see .357 sig very often and MC says the ballistics are similar to a 9mm +p. Then I would stay with the 9mm, due to the fact I walk into any store and pick up a box. I carry a Kimber 1911 45acp, I can buy ammo anywhere. The downfall is I can only carry 7+1 in the pipe. I plan on picking 40 cal as soon as I can. If you are worried about over penetration, you could go with a frangible round like the ones made by Magtech. When the round hit something solid it is designed to splinter in to even pieces. When it hits a body it means massive wound channels but, when it hits a wall it doesn't have the mass to punch through. I hope this helps.

S
skunk
I just fired a friends springfield armory xdm .40. Let me tell you that is the gun you want. Incredibly insane low recoil, comes with 3 grips, case, match barrel and holds 16 with one in the chamber. Its a sweet gun for under $600. It shoots like a dream. Also comes in a new 3.8" shorty barrel for better concelled carry.

A
adambomb
Ok, looks like I've narrowed it down to the Glock 27, Springfield Armory subcompact .40SW. I'm really wanting a polymer frame, subcompact .40 or .45 I love my current pistol, but I kinda rushed into that purchase, so this time I want to do my homework and get exactly what I need. I have started to carry more than ever and I mostly want something lighter, smaller and more powerful than my P89.

F
fourgotten
adambomb said:
Ok, looks like I've narrowed it down to the Glock 27, Springfield Armory subcompact .40SW. I'm really wanting a polymer frame, subcompact .40 or .45 I love my current pistol, but I kinda rushed into that purchase, so this time I want to do my homework and get exactly what I need. I have started to carry more than ever and I mostly want something lighter, smaller and more powerful than my P89.

You might also check out the Smith & Wesson SW40VE... got one of these for the girlfriend and she adores it. I have to agree with her... it's a comfortable piece to shoot, though I've never been a fan of poly frames... I do kinda dig it. If you can get the chance to shoot one, you might check it out.

K
Kodiak
I just carry a fish bonker. I've have yet to worry about a fish getting out of line when I have it with me, but to each thier own I guess. If I wanted to terrify a fish into submission I would just pack a 12ga. with buck shot across my back. No need to hide it, let every fish in the creek know I'm strapped..grab the two that came out of the water with thier fins held high were I can see 'em and head for the barn.