G-Loomis rod for $7.99!!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
So,I am itching to use a G-Loomis rod I picked up at a thrift store in Salem for $7.99. I nearly wet myself when I saw what it was! :shock: :lol: Anyway, I am thinking about dragging Autofisher over to the Salmon River around Otis tomorrow morning. Do any of you think it would be worth it? I haven't seen any posts about the Salmon River for a while and could use some guidance. Any advice is,of course greatly appreciated. I really want to try those beautiful black spinners I got from FishFinger at the Secret Fisherman thing. :clap: I will also be taking jigs aplenty. This is all contingent on my foot being okay,but I'm a fairly tough ol bird so I don't think it's gonna stop me. I also found some nearly new Lugz boots for less than $10 so I'll be following doctor's orders to wear boots and no more tennies.:naughty: Any thoughts? Care to join us? All are welcome.

J
JeannaJigs
That's such a steal on that rod! Hopefully it is void of skunk odors. I was supposed to have gone there (The Salmon, as Kodiak recommended it) yesterday, but had an emergency and did not so much as leave Eugene. I'd be all over going if it was Saturday or Sunday, but I have drama to attend to tomorrow morning, so alas, no fishing for Jeanna. Have fun!

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Oh.
My......

I am so jealous........ Are you aware that you just picked up an indestructible rod? A rod that you will have for the rest of your life? No matter how you break it, all you have to do is put $50 on the rod in a FedEx box and they will mail you a brand new one no questions asked!!

Good score!!!!!!!! :shock:

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Nope. Still can't believe it!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Shocking!

Shocking!

GraphiteZen;
Are you serious?! :shock: I knew they were prized for some reason. I have heard the name only since I joined the forum and only picked the rod up because of the members talking about it,but,I did not know about the return policy. Thanks for the info! Now I won't feel like I have to baby it when I get a fish on. :D :dance:

B
beaverfan
It will be worth it even if you guys get skunked as long as you stop into the Otis Cafe for lunch! That place is great. I would join you guys out there if my girlfriend (#1 fishing buddy/ride) wasn't leaving out of town for 2 weeks. Good luck out there. I have plantar fascitis myself, the boots will really really help.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Raincatcher said:
GraphiteZen;
Are you serious?! :shock: I knew they were prized for some reason. I have heard the name only since I joined the forum and only picked the rod up because of the members talking about it,but,I did not know about the return policy. Thanks for the info! Now I won't feel like I have to baby it when I get a fish on. :D :dance:

Loomis rules.

C
Combat Chuck
can't believe it....

.... Im gonna go cry now

B
Brian Dupree
Life time gaurantee for $7.99 That's about $300.00 cheaper than mine. that is a find of a lifetime. Congrats!!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
I am so stoked now!

I am so stoked now!

Geez,I knew it was a good find. I just can't believe it was that good of a find. You guys sure know how to cheer me up. Thanks! I'll let y'all know how it feels tomorrow.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Inspired by your story I went to Ace Buyers today :lol::lol: and ended up relaying your story. Five people loading up guns for a show and they all just kinda stopped and looked at me haha. Apparently they would have priced it a little higher :cool::cool: Have fun!!

B
Brian Dupree
first thing i would do is figure out a way to break it...lol a brand new loomis for $57.99 sounds like a pretty good deal. ;)

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Brian Dupree said:
first thing i would do is figure out a way to break it...lol a brand new loomis for $57.99 sounds like a pretty good deal. ;)

haha now that is funny!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Bad ju-ju

Bad ju-ju

Brian Dupree said:

haha! I would be afraid of the big bad ju-ju that would bring to me. :think: I might "accidentally" drop it (real hard) on the rocks tomorrow...maybe. :confused:

S
Shadelady
Hey, Rain, great find on the rod. might want to hit elsewhere, the Salmon wasn't doing much of anyhting today. we tried bobber and sandshrimp and a couple spinners.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Bonkin' time!!!

Bonkin' time!!!

Shadelady;
Thanks for the tip,but I think we're going to try in a secret spot first. If we don't have any luck we will be on the move. If we do have luck,I'll let y'all know where to sneak up on 'em. Gotta get a digital camera! Troutski and Meluvtrout both need their daily pics fix.
See you on the river!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Piggy back skunks!! Not good...

Piggy back skunks!! Not good...

Well,the first thing I learned is that the new(to me) G-Loomis is NOT a casting rod. I checked it out on GraphiteZen's link last night and found it is a 6'6" Halibut rod. But did that stop me? Nope,didn't get a rep for being stubborn by giving up or giving in. I just HAD to take it this morning and do my best imitation of a fisherperson. You know,the ones who actually catch fish?! We got a bit of a late start,but still got over there around 6:30ish and set up for a day of "catching". :pray: What a joke! Except that we were not laughing. :naughty: We each used the spinners we got from FishFinger. I did catch a fish...:clap: four inches long is not much of a fish...a sculpin is a goofy looking thing. :rolleyes: That was it! Oh, and a bushel basket of seaweed. Too bad we couldn't find a fish willing to graze on it.
All the windows were left down on the way home to air out the van. Autofisher is really ripe these days! :tongue: So is his momma. :redface:

S
SmallStreams
"Oh, and a bushel basket of seaweed. Too bad we couldn't find a fish willing to graze on it."

Why is that? What have fish got against seaweed, anyway? :think: