Fun little fish on the Alsea

D
DrRocks
I hit a few spots on the upper Alsea for trout on Monday. Using spinners (panther martins) or a double nymph setup, my buddy and I caught 56 fish in about 2.5 hours and had many more hookups. The largest was ~13 inches, most were 4 - 6 inches. Tons of fun though. I kept one for dinner, served with fresh garden vegetables.

• IMG_0329.jpg
Reactions: rogerdodger and igquick
I
igquick
This thread is making me hungry

S
Spydeyrch
How'd you cook the fish? Was it a cuttie or a bow?

Looks yummy!!

-Spydey

H
huffmatic
DrRocks said:
I hit a few spots on the upper Alsea for trout on Monday. Using spinners (panther martins) or a double nymph setup, my buddy and I caught 56 fish in about 2.5 hours and had many more hookups. The largest was ~13 inches, most were 4 - 6 inches. Tons of fun though. I kept one for dinner, served with fresh garden vegetables.

Where abouts on the Alsea? I'm going to be moving to Corvallis in late summer and I can get there fairly easily. Do you need a boat? I've heard people say getting under the bridge at Fish Hatchery Rd is one spot.

H
huffmatic
BTW your dinner looks killer. Nice presentation!

D
DrRocks
Spy - A cuttie just pan fried, about 3 mins per side. Steamed broccoli, turnips, radish with a mixed green salad with spinach and pickled beets.
Huff - depends on what you want to fish for - great winter steelhead run that you can float or bank fish for (hatchery, Clemons Park, many other areas). For summertime trout fishing there are a dozen or more parks and river access points. Bluebacks (sea-run cutties) show up in the tidewater in August as well as some salmon - A boat might be better for these guys.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Looks delicious & healthy...explains your moniker. :D

X
XTremeHooker
any good fishing near the town of Alsea