Fun day on the Wilson

T
tnffishman
Was debating going to the Clackamas all night, but at the last second I decided to go the opposite direction and head west to the Wilson. Actually had the chance to fish with my dad today, which has become something more rare and rare.

Well we got there and met a new OFF member who didn't mind a lil company and within ten minutes I had a hookup. definitely the hardest fighting steel I have ever had. And it was also the first nate steelhead I have ever landed, it was awesome.

Well my dad was next and got a nice lil keeper. Then I got one, then he got a big one, then I got another! Man it was a great day between us we landed 5, hooked 6 and got our limit. Back home before noon

Pics of my dad and his fish, then of all of ours, then just mine:D CAN'T WAIT TILL NEXT TIME

F
fishingfreak
:clap::clap::clap:Thats awesome brother good job! Those are some beautiful Steelies! Good to see the father and son connection killing them.

FF

B
BobbiDollPDX
Sounds like a great day and those are some great fish!

B
boomstick
That's awesome! Good times. And I turned around just before Banks and went home because I felt tired, from fishing for Bass all day today. Not going to do that again. I would rather smoke/grill your catch any day over Bass fishing.

T
Troutier Bassier
First native! awesome!
I need to start using my fly rod more...

T
tnffishman
Troutier Bassier said:
I need to start using my fly rod more...

I don't leave home without it!

M
mgdguy
Looks like an awesome day!

T
troutzyk
hey tnf. I enjoyed fishing with you and your dad. I pulled out a nate after you left but it was after I broke off the setup you guys helped me with. Then it got real busy so i checked out a little further down...nothing else. I am looking forward to fishing coho with you guys next month

T
tnffishman
troutzyk said:
hey tnf. I enjoyed fishing with you and your dad. I pulled out a nate after you left but it was after I broke off the setup you guys helped me with. Then it got real busy so i checked out a little further down...nothing else. I am looking forward to fishing coho with you guys next month

Awesome! We were almost sure you were gonna land one! And thanks again for letting us fish with you a lot of guys wouldn't have been so courteous

T
Thuggin4Life
nice fish. sounds like all 3 of you had a blast.

C
civicfun
nice ive fished that same hole with small yarn ball and no success and even a fly rod to what did the fly look like that you used. oh ya was it a six or five weight

T
tnffishman
I use an 8 wt, and I was using a green nymph pattern