Fun day on the Willie

T

the_intimidator03

Well i met with ryan (MOSD) for a boat trip today. targeted sturgeon between the HWY 99 bridge at harrisburg and down stream a bit but we were unsucessful at that, Ended up catching 2 large scale suckers ( one of which had no eyes lol) Also watched the river otter play around us for a bit. we then proceeded to go upstream of the HWY 99 bridge and do some fly fishing, I was able to bring in a nice little cutt throat trout. and MOSD ended up getting a large scale sucker on a fly LOL. Maybe not the best of trips but still fun none the less.

N

nwkiller

ive always wanted to give that a shot, did you find the super deep hole? have you caught one there?

T

the_intimidator03

it was a first time for me. i think we fished as deep as 20-30 feet. Found a few spots i could bank em with my current set up. i have yet to catch a sturgeon so hopefully i can put some time in and get one

T

Thuggin4Life

Right on ryans a cool guy and thats his section of the river so he knows it well.

M

mosd

ive always wanted to give that a shot, did you find the super deep hole? have you caught one there?

well theres two actually, one is right upbove cartney boat launch on the corner, it was i believe 35-40 ft deep, then the other is just below harrisburg again on the corner, it was 25 ft, but my damn anchor wouldnt hold us, time to upgrade to a columbia river style anchor with the prongs

N

nwkiller

thanks for the info, heard stories, need to check it out

T

Thuggin4Life

Don't know what kinda anchor you have now but this things looks like it would hold and is taking up space in my garage. 25lb Anchor

T

the_intimidator03

i think ryans anchor was 35 lbs shaped like a cyl with the prongs on the bottom similar to a grapple

N

nwkiller

u gettin rid of it? how much?