Fun day on the river!!!

W
waco
so i went this morning for some fishing i had a good time a landed 2 nooks (i release them they are dark!!) and lost other 2 i catch 1 pikeminow, 1 carp and the best for last a salamander!!!!!! COOL HA??? ;) Ohh and i saw a lot of fish and a springer with a hole on the head!!!it was dying!!!

T
Thuggin4Life
Sounds fun! istead of dark springers you should make the switch to fresh fall nooks.

W
waco
yeah ha? but i heard i should wait for some rain!!! anyways i am just getting more practice for the fall!!!

R
Rascal
nice sounds like a good day

W
waco
So when i told my wife about catching a salamander she just asked. Did you touch it? Don't touch those they have salmonella on their skin!!! Is this true?

F
Finneus Polebender
waco said:
So when i told my wife about catching a salamander she just asked. Did you touch it? Don't touch those they have salmonella on their skin!!! Is this true?

Thinkin He caught a river newt /hellbender the brown w/orange belly woodland lake type are poisonous but only if ya eat them. Otherwise half the kids in camp would have been sick as dogs . Hellbenders are usually nocturnal feeders must have put the ol bait right at his nose!

H
Hawk
waco said:

To protect themselves a rough skinned newt has a poison that will come out through its skin pores. I've seen it kill bull frogs that tried to swallow the newt.

Taricha granulosa - Rough-skinned Newt

Just wash your hands with soap & water. I always tell the youngsters playing with them to wash their hands.
:)