From the Columbia to Siltcoos lake

N
nwkiller
Headed up to the Columbia River on wednesday, Oversize sturgeon was the goal. Thursday morning we left the dock around 6:30 to go catch bait....and you know what that means...SHAD!!! fish on behind me, fish on next to me, and BOOM fish on for me, except it is runnin drag like it aint no thang....SPRINGER!!!!! (closed on the columbia for springers:()
columbia5-26005.jpg
It ran everywhere! almost had to pull anchor and chase it but i got her back close. after about a 10 minute fight she poped off right near the boat although we didn't get any pictures of her we still got to see her beauty. amazing fight!
Now back to shad.
columbia5-26001.jpg
columbia5-26003.jpg
ended up gettin 35 or so and kept enough for oversize bait, got them on D. nites and curly tails. Headed to the oversize spot, fished for about 15 minutes before we got a 6 ft sturgeon, it fought good, lasted about 25 minutes then released her. after about 6 shakers and some good take downs we got into a 9 footer, fight was on! lasted about 45 minutes, pulled us a mile down river. we ended the day with 35 shad, 8 sturgeon, and an amazing fight from a springer! more pictures will be added llike the oversize and some others
columbia5-26006.jpg
On friday we headed to siltcoos to fish a invatational fishing tournement, woke up saturday at 5:00 am got the gear and the boat ready, started fishing at 6:00am. trolled for about 10 minutes before hooking into a fish, but it was a 6 incher so i tossed it back in and kept trolling, not 5 minutes later BOOM big fish,
siltoos19incher002.jpg
siltoos19incher001.jpg
got a really good fight out of a 2 pounds 19 inch rainbow, ended saturday with 4 rainbows and 4 pounds 14 ounces, the leader had 6 pounds 4 ounces with a 3 pound bass. which they kept alive and released. Sunday, woke up around 5:00am did the basics, left the dock at 6:00am trolled for about 15 minutes and bam fish on, 1 pounder in the boat. trolled the rest of the day picking up only 1 other fish personaly. headed to the dock at 11:30am for weigh in, turned in my 2 fish and ended the tournement with 6 pound 9 ounces. The winner caught a 7 pound beast of a trout!!!! what a nice fish!!!!!! took home the top prize and big fish money!!!! he ended the tourney with 17 pounds of fish it was a great weekend and great tourney. more pictures will be posted including the 7 pound trout. enjoy

T
Thuggin4Life
Right on man sounds like a blast and some nice fish.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Great way to spend a few days OFF!! Thanks for sharing the report and the much needed pics. You know how we are about needing our pic fix... ;~)

F
Finneus Polebender
Way to get after them No fish is safe Thx for the pics.

N
nwkiller
thanks, i love to catch multiple species, oregon is f-in amazing!

N
nwkiller
heres some more pics from last weekend, sorry there so late!!
columbia river pics
tournement002.jpg
tournement009.jpg
tournement010.jpg
and heres that seven pound pig, from the tournement, pictures dont do justice....just like the trout pic in the 29lb thread next to the guys foot......even if that was a babies foot it would still be a manbearpig
tournement021.jpg
tournement028.jpg

Last edited:
T
Thuggin4Life
Looks like you missed one.

N
nwkiller
lol, think i got it figured out

T
Thuggin4Life
That a nice fish!

N
nwkiller
it was so impressive........makes me want to troll siltcoos

B
bassman503
nice nice nice. May have to go shad fishing after all :D. Will they still be here by next week?

N
nwkiller
there numbers wont be as large but they should be in there for a bit longer