Friend's huge marlin!

F
FishLife89
Hey Guys,

Just thought I would share this. This picture is a friend I work with's buddies. They were in Hawaii and apparently it's 100 lbs shy of the world record! Took them 2.5 hours to reel in.

Enjoy!

11350531_10153005847908195_7533152475266963703_n.jpg

O
OnTheDrop
That's awesome. I'd love to fight one on a fly rod...

On a side note; I could never imagine killing something like that.

B
BaldTexan
Friend's uhge marlin!

Friend's uhge marlin!

Now THAT's a hawg!...even for a marlin. Fly rod? Hahahahahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F
FishLife89
First off, I completely failed on the title, anyone know how to change the header? My spelling was a little off :), second Steelmonkiller, they wanted to release it, but I guess it died from the long fight. I know for a fact they didn't want to keep it, but the whole island had a party out of it and it went to a good cause.

O
OnTheDrop
FishLife89 said:
First off, I completely failed on the title, anyone know how to change the header? My spelling was a little off :), second Steelmonkiller, they wanted to release it, but I guess it died from the long fight. I know for a fact they didn't want to keep it, but the whole island had a party out of it and it went to a good cause.

No doubt about it! I just felt the need to say that I wouldn't. Lol.

troutdude
troutdude
Yowzah!!! :yikes:

F
FishLife89
Ha definitely. Would feel weird eating something that crazy. I see you have been doing pretty well fishin bud. Let's go!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
The magic title wand has been waved. :hi:

E
eugene1
Big fish!

Also, in wrong section- salmon don't get that big!!

Raincatcher said:
The magic title wand has been waved. :hi:

T
Toyracer38
We can dream they get that big, can't we? Dang, that's an awesome fish! Bucket list right there!

F
FishLife89
Thank you for changing that!!! Such a good fish

F
FishLife89
Sorry! Haha didn't know where to put it but I find myself in the salmon section a lot. Feel free to move if need be :) won't offend me

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
FishLife89 said:
Sorry! Haha didn't know where to put it but I find myself in the salmon section a lot. Feel free to move if need be :) won't offend me
I did. :thumb: