Fresh water fishing near Bandon

Fummus
Fummus
Any suggestions for fresh water fishing, (crappie, perch, etc) near Bandon?

C_Run
C_Run
Do you have a boat? Bradley Lake has warm water species and stocked trout. Just south of Bandon but mostly private land except for the boat ramp.

nikita_pdx
nikita_pdx
Tahkenitch and Siltcoos not far North

troutdude
troutdude
nikita_pdx said:
Siltcoos not far North
X 2 on Siltcoos for perch and crappie!

C_Run
C_Run
According to my handy dandy internet search, it would be nearly four hours on the road and a 152 mile round trip to go from Bandon to Siltcoos. Not how I would want to spend a fishing day.

If you can get a copy of Oregon Coast Fishing Maps or Reedsport Area Fishing maps by Pete Healy, there are maps and species lists of all the little lakes down there that you never heard of that have the kinds of fish you are after.

Last edited:
G
Gulfstream
Eel lake is about 15 miles north of north bend

Reactions: Grant22
Grant22
Grant22
Gulfstream said:
Eel lake is about 15 miles north of north bend
x2for Eel lake

troutdude
troutdude
C_Run said:
According to my handy dandy internet search, it would be nearly four hours on the road and a 152 mile round trip to go from Bandon to Siltcoos. Not how I would want to spend a fishing day.

If you can get a copy of Oregon Coast Fishing Maps or Reedsport Area Fishing maps by Pete Healy, there are maps and species lists of all the little lakes down there that you never heard of that have the kinds of fish you are after.
Ha ha ha! I had no clue that it was that far from point to point. I probably wouldn't do that either. LOL

X2 on Pete's books. Although Pete passed away a year or two ago. So his books are very hard to find now--at least at any sort of a reasonable price. I may have the books, mentioned above, in my collection. If so I'll chime in again when I have a chance to look.

Or @Fummus you may give this place a call, in Winchester Bay. Pete was well known at this establishment.

https://visittheoregoncoast.com/cities/winchester-bay/activities/stockade-market-tackle/

TheKnigit
TheKnigit
There is also Saunders Lake, just north of North Bend, which has perch, bass and trout. Bradley Lake, just south of Bandon has bass and bluegill. Floras Lake, south of Bandon, has trout. I am not sure about the warm water species. Or you could head east to Johnson Mill Pond, in between Coquille and Myrtle Point. It has bass, trout, bluegill and bullhead catfish.

Reactions: Clbagshaw and Admin
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
troutdude said:
X 2 on Siltcoos for perch and crappie!

Have you been recently? Last couple of years, all the reports and my catch, perch population and size way down from past.

troutdude
troutdude
rogerdodger said:
Have you been recently? Last couple of years, all the reports and my catch, perch population and size way down from past.
No; it's been several years. It's a bummer to know about that. Hopefully it'll rebound.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
troutdude said:
No; it's been several years. It's a bummer to know about that. Hopefully it'll rebound.

the perch appear to be cyclic, not sure if it's weather, water temp, or what, but Siltcoos definitely seems on a down perch cycle....and it gets almost no planted trout now. Munsel Lake in Florence gets loaded with trout from Feb-May, great lake to take a PB or small craft.

Reactions: troutdude
troutdude
troutdude
rogerdodger said:
the perch appear to be cyclic, not sure if it's weather, water temp, or what, but Siltcoos definitely seems on a down perch cycle....and it gets almost no planted trout now. Munsel Lake in Florence gets loaded with trout from Feb-May, great lake to take a PB or small craft.
Good intel. Thank you kindly.