Fresh metal!!!

T

Thuggin4Life

Went out to the land of the big ones and didn't get dissapointed. Hit the river 2 days in a row at 2 great holes. Day one we had a few bites and my buddy had a moster on. even with the heavy gear in anticipation of 20+lbers took 20 minutes to barely get the upperhand. Once we finally got it close to the bank it wasn't even tired and made some good shakes and spit the hook. never got to see it but wouldn't put it an ounce under 20lbs. nothing in the net that day but went back out with bfishing and a few friends to get him into some bday chrome. to many people to fish the private property i was blessed with the privalage of fishing the day before and hit them river neer by. wasn't long before brandon got the first fish. Very fat trout say probbably close to 2lbs. soon later i got a sculpin. I catch them everywhere. Then brandon got the first chrome. Nice native fresh from the sea complete with lice. Bout a 6lber. quick pic and off it went. Kiska sure enjoys"helping" land fish. Soon as ou have one on shes all about getting it to the bank. after a while later my rod went off. thought with the roe which i seem to have an endless supply of after coho season it was another trout. after a good hookset i soon relized it was a fiesty steelhead. Not quite a big as brandons but sure put up a good fight. also had some sea lice on it. didn't even take the time for a picture and back it went. After awhile of rig changes and no action all of a sudden my buddy jumps up from his nap like postion next to the fire and sets the hook. a few seconds later he says monster. took awhile to convince this beast in and cafefully played it around potention snags. wasn't a 20lber must have been about 17-18lbs but never weighted since it was another sea lice packin nate. So after 2 days of fishing we got our hands on one of the many rivermosters running up from the sea this winter even if only for a brief photo op. to bad we never seen the other one it was easily a 20+ lber. Kiska sure enjoyed the day and so did we. Hard to beileve just a last week she wasn't doing to well. had the riverbank to ourselves and only had to share it with one boat for a bit. funny how close they fish when the have the entire river and not another soul on the bank for miles in either direction. can't wait to get back out to get my hands on one of these monser sea trout. lots of action and the season just started.

Attachments

• DSCI2981.jpg
    DSCI2981.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 53
  • DSCI2986.jpg
    DSCI2986.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 45
  • DSCI2983.jpg
    DSCI2983.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 50
  • DSCI2984.jpg
    DSCI2984.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
J

Johnny Southpaw

Some CHROME domes there! Nice freaking fish and great report.

G

GDBrown

Nice bright fish! you look like you were having a pretty layed back day!

troutdude

troutdude

Another nice day on the river, with Kiska and friends. Glad you guys had a good time (and that Kiska is much better).

W

waco

great job Andy you had a blast on the water!!! and looks like your dog is much better!!! pretty dog!!!!

S

steelhead_stalkers

Good job guys! I can't wait to fish the main in a week or two!

T

Thuggin4Life

Thanks guys. One of my favorite seasons. Kiska loves it to. All you gotta do is just sit and wait for that monster steel to swim by. Chad if you head over,under,down,or up there there are some fish to be had. but you already knew that.

R

rippin fish lips

nice fish guys! so glad to see kiska is doing a lot better! i had to save my dog from almost getting a broken leg today, leg got stuck in a crack in a chair i had to pick him up and carefully pull his leg out, i could see it starting to bend and twist, got my heart pumpin! good day to be on the water!

B

boomstick

Nice & Great pics of a nice day fishing.

N

nwkiller

awesome fish man, got i wish i knew apot like that on that river....(not sure if you said where you were so ill keep it secret) way to go guys!

Top Bottom