Freeway Lakes

R

rogueriverdude

Took the boys ( 4 and 10) out to the freeway lakes this morning hoping they would have some bent rods. From what I understand ODFW put 900 fish in there, however not a bite. Fished night crawlers, power bait, threw some spinners, and not a thing. Lots of fisherman but I didn't see much action. Anyone have any advice on how to hook them lil buggers, I need to get my boys on some fish before they loose interest.

Good Fishing......

B

bassin16

Took the boys ( 4 and 10) out to the freeway lakes this morning hoping they would have some bent rods. From what I understand ODFW put 900 fish in there, however not a bite. Fished night crawlers, power bait, threw some spinners, and not a thing. Lots of fisherman but I didn't see much action. Anyone have any advice on how to hook them lil buggers, I need to get my boys on some fish before they loose interest.

Good Fishing......

well i just got home from freeway lakes and while everyone else was trying to get into some trout i was bass fishing and well i caught one that was 4 lbs
and i lost 2 one that was prolly close to 7 lbs and one that was about 4 or 5 i had quite the fight with the big one and it just threw my hook
but about trout fishing there i have never herd of anyone doing any good there on trout but i have done good with bass crappie
if you want some stocker trout waite till they stock timber linn next week and you should hook into some trout my best day at timber linn was 31 fish
so good luck

T

TTFishon

well i just got home from freeway lakes and while everyone else was trying to get into some trout i was bass fishing and well i caught one that was 4 lbs
and i lost 2 one that was prolly close to 7 lbs and one that was about 4 or 5 i had quite the fight with the big one and it just threw my hook
but about trout fishing there i have never herd of anyone doing any good there on trout but i have done good with bass crappie
if you want some stocker trout waite till they stock timber linn next week and you should hook into some trout my best day at timber linn was 31 fish
so good luck

Did you catch the bass on the west side?

J

jeremymiller

Go to the bridge go back past the little fence and walk threw the feild to thr point in the back and use worms they gather their been fishin night crawlers their for years and never fails good luck

B

bassin16

I work with a guy in Albany that says there are some nice crappie too. Have you caught any crappie in there?

yes i take my boat in there and catch crappie about 6 years ago it was great there were some very nice one but for a few years it slowed way down but i think its starting up good again last summer i was going really good but there wernt very big

T

TTFishon

yes i take my boat in there and catch crappie about 6 years ago it was great there were some very nice one but for a few years it slowed way down but i think its starting up good again last summer i was going really good but there wernt very big

Cool. I'll have to check it out one of these days after work.

C

Combat Chuck

Had some time to kill Saturday evening so I went out and got my "city limit trout limit". Caught two on small powerbait and worm chunks and 3 on a spinner. I let 3 go uninjured so they can be somebody's lunch in a few days ;)

F

FishSlayer420

Wow i used to live up there when i was younger and we used to catch some super nice crappie and some nice bass too. Caught very few trout but it was always fun going out there though. have not fished em for 8yrs though i might have to make a day trip up there and catch some pigs.

B

Bass Ackwards

Slayin monsters at freeway

Slayin monsters at freeway

Went out to the freeway ponds for my first time this weekend. Was there about an hour and a half caught 4 trout 3 crappie and one other one that i'm not sure what kind of fish it is. Here are the monsters.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

TTFishon

Went out to the freeway ponds for my first time this weekend. Was there about an hour and a half caught 4 trout 3 crappie and one other one that i'm not sure what kind of fish it is. Here are the monsters.

That last fish is a warmouth.

B

Bass Ackwards

Thanx for the info. It is a really pretty fish. I had never even heard of a warmouth before

T

Troutier Bassier

Google

"Oregon Fish Finder"

and click the first result. Good website.

T

TTFishon

They don't get that big. I had one for a pet once. I caught it when it was about an inch long and had it for about five years. That fish was eleven inches long when it died. Cool fish.

T

Troutier Bassier

Wow. Did You use an airator (the thing that makes bubbles) in your tank??? Adn what did ya feed it.

T

TTFishon

Wow. Did You use an airator (the thing that makes bubbles) in your tank??? Adn what did ya feed it.

Yeah. It was a regular fish tank. When it was small I fed it small red worms until it was big enough to eat pieces of night crawlers. Then it was all about feeder fish. I fed it a baby garter snake once. That was pretty cool.

T

Troutier Bassier

AWESOME!!!!

I Totally need to get a pet fish. Like.... A STURGEON!!
jk

maybe a catfish or bass. Depeneds which one i can cath faster. Or trout from salish?!!?!?!?!?

I will have a giant fish farm in my 10 gallon (estimate) tank. All I need is some rock piles a few sticks. sand and the air thingy, and bb sized shrimp chunks from wallmart

T

TTFishon

I had mine in a 35 gallon tank. I had a catfish once too but it didn't get along with the other fish so I got rid of it. It was very aggressive.

Top Bottom