Freeway Lakes

L

Lonnie

I was driving by the Albany freeway lakes and found the road in. I have a small 17 foot bass boat. It looks like I can launch it fine, but can I get from lake to lake?

T

tomriker

from the road it doesn't look like you can but there's underpasses and what not, i saw half a dozen guys there fishing yesterday, was a little suprised

troutdude

troutdude

Caution: there is POISON OAK ALL AROUND THE UNDERPASS. As long as you don't get too close, you'll be okay.

If the peeps fishing yesterday were in the farthest lake to the east...they were likely trout fishing. Oak Creek flows into that lake, which adds oxygen that trout like. If they were in the farthest western lake, they were likely bass fishing (Oak Creek flows out only over there, so less oxygen). But, it's great bass water.

T

tomriker

i live pretty close by there and i've never even been there lol

T

TTFishon

i live pretty close by there and i've never even been there lol

I drive by there 4 times a week on my way home from work and haven't fished it yet. I've thought about it. I've even stopped to check them out. The one day I brought my boat to work so I could fish after work I had to work late. Maybe this year I can convince myself to give it a try. That water is just double nasty to me. It'd probably leave a wonderful film on my pontoon. lol

T

tomriker

well if you didn't catch n e thing you could just throw your toon in my pond and give it a shot :) we should hit it up sometime, FP says he has an extra toon i could bum, i've never fished from a toon before, would be... interesting

T

TTFishon

well if you didn't catch n e thing you could just throw your toon in my pond and give it a shot :) we should hit it up sometime, FP says he has an extra toon i could bum, i've never fished from a toon before, would be... interesting

Hmm, how can I pass up that invitation?:) That would be fun....you might like a toon.

R

ryan808

The toon would be great at your place, I tell you that'll be a lot of paddling. Or you can tow us along with your boat :lol:

T

tomriker

i'd put my little 2h honda motor on it to get from place to place :) screw paddleing!

F

Finneus Polebender

Man and I just found out today I will be stuck here at Ft Lewis workin 12s all weekend ,with this warm weather you guys should hit it they might just be biting!

J

juggernaut506

The water in Freeway Lakes is really high and muddy right now. There are some huge bass in there. If you use baits that look like 8 or 9 inch trout you can catch bass between 8 and 10 pounds maybe larger. The water is always filthy however.

F

Finneus Polebender

Have see some bigguns that were caught on swim baits there , I dont think I have ever seen the water there any color but brown. Have thought about tryin them but got lucky and have access to much private water now hard to go public anymore.

troutdude

troutdude

Well FP, at least your an honest private lake fisherman. ;-)

P.S. I was offered access to a private lake in N. Albany a couple of years ago. I think this season, I will put in my tube and give it a whirl. There's nothing quite like having a quite spot all to yourself.

F

Finneus Polebender

Well FP, at least your an honest private lake fisherman. ;-)

P.S. I was offered access to a private lake in N. Albany a couple of years ago. I think this season, I will put in my tube and give it a whirl. There's nothing quite like having a quite spot all to yourself.

And an abundance of fish who are for the most part none the wiser!