Free Way Ponds

O
OBP Turtle 33
Have been the past 3 Evenings caught about a 4.5lb Largemouth on a Senko last night and only about a pound the first night and tonight. I am going to get my Pontoon out next weekend and fish more of the 3rd pond looking forward to it.

kidholiday
kidholiday
where are you fishing at???

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Albany

Albany

kidholiday said:
where are you fishing at???

The Freeway Ponds are just off the freeway in Albany. Fairly popular for bass.
Be safe.
Barb

O
OBP Turtle 33
They are not to tough to get too I just found them and started fishing them this week pretty cool little ponds lots of fishing pressure though and there dont seem to be too many bass but I have not floated the 3rd and bigger pond which I am sure has the highest concentration.

Does anyone know how deep the 3rd pond is? I am thinking of deep cranking if I can and just wondering if anyone knew.

B
Bassdad54
The 3rd lake is deepest

The 3rd lake is deepest

I fish there all the time and have caught fish in all 3 but most the 3rd.There is less pressure since the public can't walk all the way around the lake.The deepest is the far end at about 13-14ft in summer average depth is 10ft in 3rd,8ft in 1&2.I was there yesterday afternoon and pick up couple real nice by the outlet creek in the trees

F
FishSlayer420
Anyone ever caught a nice size warmouth out of there. I got a pond up here in springfield that has a few nice sized WarMouth

F
Finneus Polebender
RE Warmouth

RE Warmouth

FishSlayer420 said:
Anyone ever caught a nice size warmouth out of there. I got a pond up here in springfield that has a few nice sized WarMouth

not from the freeway ponds but this warmouth caught today in eugene never even knew bout them till the forum then boom tt hooks one. different lookin critters bluegill kinda w/big mouth .

F
fishndad
Finneus Polebender said:
not from the freeway ponds but this warmouth caught today in eugene never even knew bout them till the forum then boom tt hooks one. different lookin critters bluegill kinda w/big mouth .

i believe those are a hybrid cross of a bluegill and a bass! or maybe a yellow perch! but ive caught them in a lake near santa barbara, california when i was visiting........odd little creature's!

O
OBP Turtle 33
Nah they are there own species and that one in the pic is a nice on my girlfriend caught one from free way ponds last time we were there wasn't very big though.

B
Bass Ackwards
I caught a lil warmouth the other day at freeway. I had never seen one before.. Cool lookin fish.. I also went to freeway ponds on saturday night and my baby got to see her first bass and first bullfrog it was it was my first bass of the summer and I was pumped.. I caught it on a floating rapala and caught the frog on fly. SWEEEEEEEET!

B
Bass Ackwards
Oh yeah and both the bass and frog were released

H
Hawk
Bass Ackwards said:
I caught a lil warmouth the other day at freeway. I had never seen one before.. Cool lookin fish.. I also went to freeway ponds on saturday night and my baby got to see her first bass and first bullfrog it was it was my first bass of the summer and I was pumped.. I caught it on a floating rapala and caught the frog on fly. SWEEEEEEEET!

U donedid Reel Good Bro................................:D:D:D................................:cool::cool::cool:

Beautiful Baby Girl thar....................:clap::clap::clap:................:)

B
Bass Ackwards
Hawk said:
U donedid Reel Good Bro................................:D:D:D................................:cool::cool::cool:

Beautiful Baby Girl thar....................:clap::clap::clap:................:)

Thanx a lot man!

B
Bass Ackwards
June 13 09

June 13 09

Went out to freeway pond last saturday and caught this beauty. Only one fish all in about 3 hrs got a few other hits but missed em. definitely one of the bigges bass i've ever caught!!!

J
Johnny Southpaw
Bass Ackwards said:

Great pics! Those will be great to pull out down the road. Nice fish too!