Free fishing rods & an inflatable kayak

N
n8r1
I was browsing craigslist and came across this. If I lived in Wilsonville I would hit them up for sure. The worst thing that can happen is it's all junk.

If someone checks this stuff out, let us know if there was anything good there.

N
Noahk
Hey thanks! I have a buddy that could totally use some gear for him and his kids! They're just getting back into fishing.

Reactions: n8r1
N
n8r1
Did you (or anybody else) contact that guy? I'm curious as to what he was giving away. I imagine that the kayak was probably rated for nothing more than a swimming pool, but I wonder about the rods. I doubt they were Loomis or Lamiglass, but maybe something servicable?

N
Noahk
I'll let you know. The lady just contacted me today.

N
Noahk
Should have known....

Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2011 4:24 PM
To: Kriel, Noah C
Subject: Re: RE: Fishing Rods

Hey,

I am so SO sorry... the first person actually replied back, turns out her other email landed in the spam box and I didn't see it. I feel so stupid....

I wasn't actually going to mention this, but 3 weeks ago I received this check in the mail for $1300 from the state. It appears if you don't earn over $85k each year you may be eligible for it too as a part of some grant program. Don't know about you, but assistants do not earn very much and that money really helped me out a lot this month.

I requested grant #ZM5426, the choice with "Economic Relief" in its title. The process is very straightforward, you just need to go to this website:

The application takes about 5-6 minutes and it can all be done on the computer. One thing though: please do not tell lots of people about this. I don't think they've got too much money for this and I would like to be sure some friends can get the money too. Thanks, and im sorry again about the mess up.

Carrie

M
Modest_Man
Ah Craigslist.

B
beaverfan
That's really strange because I emailed about it too and got an email this afternoon from an Ella Tyler and she said she was busy tomorrow but I could pick the stuff up Thurs or Fri.

Well it doesn't matter know because I just emailed her an absolutely hilarious email asking her all kinds of gibberish questions and told her I make just a tad over 85,000 so I doubt she emails me back!

Last edited:
N
Noahk
beaverfan said:
That's really strange because I emailed about it too and got an email this afternoon from an Ella Tyler and she said she was busy tomorrow but I could pick the stuff up Thurs or Fri.

Well it doesn't matter know because I just emailed her an absolutely hilarious email asking her all kinds of gibberish questions and told her I make just a tad over 85,000 so I doubt she emails me back!
Yeah this was the first one I got,

I'm sorry for not getting back to you before, I promised this to the first person who emailed me but she hasnt gotten back to me. Are you still interested?

I have to go to an event at my son's school tomorrow but then I will be around for a few days. Just let me know what works.

Carrie

I also responded back with a number of stupid questions. So glad I sent it form my work email!

N
n8r1
Aaarrrghhhh, sorry guys. I should have known it was a craigslist scam. You know what they say...when something seems too good to be true, it usually is...

N
Noahk
No problem, thanks for the heads up either way!