Foster Reservoir

N

nimrod243

I was really surprised to see that there wasn't anything here on Foster. Anybody been fishing there lately?

Last Saturday, my son and I headed over there for the first time this year.

It was pretty slow. We only took home three little rainbows.

R

Ray

I know they stocked it just last week. I took the kids there to sunny side park. We fished off the bank down by the boat ramp at around 5:30 pm. They were catchin so many I was running back and forth between the kids helping bait up and release fish. They had lots of fun, and kept a few for there dinner. They would take night crawler or power bait. They were just young planters but fun to catch. I didn't have time to even get my hook in the water as the kids kept me hoppin.

C

Combat Chuck

Last week the water was very cold still. 42°-46°. That should all change soon the trout will be exploding out of there :D

B

Bassleg

Has anyone ever hooked cat fish in foster?

N

nimrod243

Info on Foster

Info on Foster

Ray,

Sounds like a great day to me! Maybe I ought to try that side of the lake. I usually fish OFF the North bank. :cool:

Combat Chuck,

I am looking forward to that warm up. Once it warmed up last year my son and I were catching lots of nice rainbow - fat ones!

Bassleg,

I have never hooked a catfish there that I can remember, but I have never really tried. I would not be surprised if they were in there. Have you caught any?

Tight Lines to Everyone!

B

Big3d

For what it's worth it seems I always catch a lot more a few miles further at Green Peter than foster, I'm a bank fisherman and maybe I just haven't found the spot there yet though.

G

Griz

Foster 6/4/2011

Foster 6/4/2011

F.Y.I. Foster lake is full of stuff floating around in the water. We drove by the lake and stopped at the Sunnyside boat ramp and the lake is full of crap in the water.

C

Combat Chuck

Yep. I would use the Calkins ramp if you really needed to fish Foster.

S

Slap Happy Drums

The river between Foster and GP is an amazing shade of blue-green, sad about the chunks of stuff floating about.

Anyone fish it?

Top Bottom