Forums

M
markasd
All the fuss with other fishing sites had me think - are you an OFF'er or just another forum surfer?

Any loyalty to one site or another for any of you?

I just signed up over on NWoutdoor to see what the talk is about. I haven't found whats so cool yet, I see a lot of the same folks from here - same reports there. I'll give it a month just for kicks...
Went back over to "iWine" .net = a word that got me booted, not warned but booted from ifish. Not much to report from there, really.

Thanks Anatoliy for making OFF what it is. Simple and relaxed!

Mark

R
RunWithSasquatch
Does not take much to get banned from Ifish, on no warnings. I participate on a couple forums, but as far as "loyalty," Im not sure that word I can apply to anything on the computer monitor. They're just forums.

M
markasd
I understand they're just forums.. I get that.

I guess Im just trying to understand why someone needs to post the same exact same posts on 2-3 different sites?

Loyalty was probably the wrong word, my bad.

R
RunWithSasquatch
Not your bad, just my opinion.

Some people have friends that are on different forums that arent on the other I suppose. Its what ever.

M
metalfisher76
It IS whatever....:)

M
markasd
Yes it IS!!

E
eggs
I hang here for the most part.. I lurk ifish in the fly area and for bill monore's compact meeting threads.. OFF is my home where I actively post..

Thanks ANATOLIY!

G
GDBrown
eggs said:
I hang here for the most part.. I lurk ifish in the fly area and for bill monore's compact meeting threads.. OFF is my home where I actively post..

Thanks ANATOLIY!

X2 only I don't even bother with that other place. I stop by a shooting forum about once a week to see if anything new catches my eye. I'm an OFFer for sure. Nowhere else do people care like they do here.

GD

Reactions: OnTheFly
brandon4455
brandon4455
yup, ive never met more caring and cool folks then here on OFF. i made an account on ifish just to see what it's like and it's nothing like here. i agree with eggs. THANKS ANATOLIY! this truly is a great place and i look forward to being a long time member.

D
Drew9870
I got as far as Enter Your First and Last Name Here:.

That forum would be wayyy too stressful for me. They are the most opinionated, ignorant people, you should read the thread to the article of the Catfish I landed, people were talking crap about how it sounds fishy that I was using 50lb PowerPro > 50lb Tuffline for Squawfish, although I have a Harvest Card, and Henry Miller didn't really state I was actually fishing for any Willamette River carnivore.

Ignorance = Stating it is illegal to use gamefish as bait - Stating it is illegal to target gamefish after midnight - That is a Blue Catfish! :lol:.

brandon4455
brandon4455
mean people!!!! post a link to your threads about the cat here so we can see the difference in reactions.

Last edited:
GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
I was an Ifisher before an OFFer and came here after getting into it with the mods there. :D

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Oh and watch the language Brandon. Inside voice bud. :)

M
markasd
I was an Ifisher before an OFFer and came here after getting into it with the mods there.

did you have an animated moniker of the stick-figure fisherman?

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
haha yes.

troutdude
troutdude
brandon4455 said:
what a bunch of pricks. post a link to your threads about the cat here so we can see the difference in reactions.

To be better than others, don't lower your own standards. 10-4?

P.S. I love this site, and have only lurked on a few others. I too, tip my hat to Mr. Anatoliy...our fearless leader of the OFF clan!

Last edited:
GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Still do I believe.

brandon4455
brandon4455
10-4 edited my post. sorry bout that :p

troutdude
troutdude
No problem buddy; it's part of the learning curve of life.

C
capblack
I am a member of ifish, off, and kokanee fishing forum. i spend the most time hear, and then kff during koke season. rarely on ifish. i dont know why theres so much crap talked about all the forums, just go to the ones you like.