Fort Stevens in January

S
sixteenvolt
I'm staying at Fort Stevens in mid January and it doesn't look like they'll be stocking Coffenbury Lake this winter. Going to try for catfish, but can't imagine they'll be too active.

Any suggestions for other places nearby that may provide excitement? I can bring a float tube or inflatable kayak, and surf & jetty fishing is fine with me too (just not well versed in it yet). Mainly wondering about what's biting this month.

C
cchinook
sixteenvolt said:
I'm staying at Fort Stevens in mid January and it doesn't look like they'll be stocking Coffenbury Lake this winter. Going to try for catfish, but can't imagine they'll be too active.

Any suggestions for other places nearby that may provide excitement? I can bring a float tube or inflatable kayak, and surf & jetty fishing is fine with me too (just not well versed in it yet). Mainly wondering about what's biting this month.
South jetty , red tail surf perch .

S
sixteenvolt
cchinook said:
South jetty , red tail surf perch .
Thank you! Would this be on the rocks and casting south into the ocean waves? Looks like I can park in a nearby lot and climb on over.

C
cchinook
sixteenvolt said:
Thank you! Would this be on the rocks and casting south into the ocean waves? Looks like I can park in a nearby lot and climb on over.
That jetty is dangerous to climb on ,it is not like the Tillamook jetty . If the tide comes in you can get stuck out there .
Fish the beach next to the
sixteenvolt said:
Stay off that jetty ! Dangerous ! Fish the beach next to it . Clam necks or worms , trout hooks and some lead .
It is not a casting contest , they are very close in .

S
sixteenvolt
cchinook said:
Stay off that jetty !

Will steer completely clear of those rocks. Was going to try it a few years back but my gut instinct kept me from climbing down, despite calm conditions that day.

Seems simple enough off the beach. Thank you again.