For those of us NOT making the Fish OFF...

F
Fishtopher
Ok, my better half put the voodoo hex on my Fish OFF trip, with the help of her sister. Little does she know, I have a river to fish that is less than a cigarette away.

I know Bigdog is headed out with someone...I know dudeyoung is headed out with a group of OFFers...I know Im headed out...lets turn these I's into we's.

Clackamas seems to be the main target, so where on the Clack is the next question...one group seems to be headed to the confluence of Eagle and Clack, another to somewhere around Rivermill...opinions, comments?:)

D
dude young
+1 on that. See if we can make it a pre-season version of the Coho-Chaos trip next month.

We can figure out a central meeting point and 'pool up. I've got a truck that could fit three (one quite cramped in the back), or I'm in for throwing gas money at someone. (promise i won't throw change)

I'm expecting a shipment of new TCO's that I am going to be itching to get wet. And, I want to test out NW Extreme's roe.

Bye-the-bye: pleasure meeting you last night Eric. Will be i touch RE: fresh roe soon.

S
starion87le
definitely up for this!

I have a truck that can fit 4 comfortably, 5 a little cramped. I'm ok on hitting either Bonnie Lure, never been there, or up at McIver.

If we are going to hit the clackamas, we could have people meet up at the clackamas Fred Meyer parking lot...or say the parking lot right across from Fred Meyers where the Taco Bell, Wendy's are.

I could have a couple people park in the cul de sac where I live if they want to meet there... Just let me know! I'd like to get to the water early! :D Say poles in the water by 6:00-6:30 ish?

How does that sound to everyone?

Ron

W
womanwhofishes
We will be in the sutherlin area and we are free on sunday and mon am? suppose to get hot down there and here..
Dont know where we will end up but if anyone is down that way lets us know !
( i know where the party is saturday night! there is sutherlin!)

D
dude young
starion87le said:
definitely up for this!

I have a truck that can fit 4 comfortably, 5 a little cramped. I'm ok on hitting either Bonnie Lure, never been there, or up at McIver.

If we are going to hit the clackamas, we could have people meet up at the clackamas Fred Meyer parking lot...or say the parking lot right across from Fred Meyers where the Taco Bell, Wendy's are.

I could have a couple people park in the cul de sac where I live if they want to meet there... Just let me know! I'd like to get to the water early! :D Say poles in the water by 6:00-6:30 ish?

How does that sound to everyone?

Ron
Let's make it so. You guys both have my number. The time works for me. You Fishto? I am game for meeting/parking where I am least likely to have the truck towed.

So, I will say; 5-5 and a half at your house, Ron. Then we will meet anyone that chooses not to meet there. I'll stop for coffe on the way. How many sugars?

Oh, someone remind me to bring my bait. I always forget the bait.

S
starion87le
dude young said:
Let's make it so. You guys both have my number. The time works for me. You Fishto? I am game for meeting/parking where I am least likely to have the truck towed.

So, I will say; 5-5 and a half at your house, Ron. Then we will meet anyone that chooses not to meet there. I'll stop for coffe on the way. How many sugars?

Oh, someone remind me to bring my bait. I always forget the bait.

No Sugars for me! For those who want to meet up at my place, please PM me and I'll send you my address so that you can mapquest, or google or whatever. I also give pretty good directions over the phone. WOO fishin tomorrow!:dance:

D
dude young
starion87le said:
No Sugars for me! For those who want to meet up at my place, please PM me and I'll send you my address so that you can mapquest, or google or whatever. I also give pretty good directions over the phone. WOO fishin tomorrow!:dance:
It's on! PM sent.

F
Fishtopher
Ill pull out behind ya at the Subway/Plaid Pantry/gas station there on the highway and follow ya out. Probably be in a blue Firebird.
Now on the fishin spot...anyone he**bent on fishin a certain spot? Or is it up for de-bait?

IMO, the higher the better....

S
starion87le
I'm pretty sure it's up for the choosing still. We can meet up at the Space Age that has the McD's right next too it if thats cool? I think you are referring to the Shell down 212 closer to the highway, am I right? If not, then we could be talking about the same place, because there is a subway right by the space age too.

F
Fishtopher
Space Age is good. I just gotta try to resist eating 3 big greasy sausage mcmuffins...

S
starion87le
Fishtopher said:
Space Age is good. I just gotta try to resist eating 3 big greasy sausage mcmuffins...

I hear ya...I'm no help on this one...I just need to remember to eat before we leave to meet up with you, otherwise...them mcmuffins are gonna get eaten!:naughty:

D
dude young
starion87le said:
I hear ya...I'm no help on this one...I just need to remember to eat before we leave to meet up with you, otherwise...them mcmuffins are gonna get eaten!:naughty:
Ahhh... ...the McMuffin challange. I'll make sure I pack a roll, so no one needs to make the ultimate sock-rifice.

D
dude young
Thought. Have we decided where we are heading yet? I guess I will assume the Clackamas, and I guess we can decide in the morning.

But, if you guys think that maybe the Sandy may be a good idea, I am game. Just throwing it out there.

S
starion87le
I was thinking the same thing...I heard the action up towards the big C was pretty hot, specifically Herman creek. The #'s goin up the Big C are just crazy!

Go where the fish are runnin...or go where I've been...I say we go to where the fish are!

D
dude young
I'm down with anything. Just FYI, I do nto have a plunking rig, so if anyone has a spare that would be great, but other than that, as long as there is some drifting/boobering/spinning water nearby, I am cool.

Getting excited!:dance:

S
starion87le
When you come to my place tomorrow I'll show you what I have as far as rods go and we can figure it out then...I like a little unkown as to where we're goin! Kinda fun!:dance:

F
Fishtopher
ok, herman is probably going to be at max capacity i would imagine tomorrow, being the first saturday after 3 record breaking days over the dam. but mebbe not, with the bouy 10/ ocean fishery goin down right now.

no matter, we can drift, plunk, throw, toss, wherever. but we should hash it out tonight.

D
dude young
I have no idea what works best at Herman. I didn't get my spinners today, so I will be pretty well stuck to drifting bait, float-n-jigs, and what few spinners I have.

I say we try it if you think it'll work for us, but if not, let's just go up the Clack somehwere's. Starion? What you think?

I just want to feesh. I'll drive to Idaho if the chances are best.

Last edited:
F
Fishtopher
Im game. Ill be up all night now.:confused:

B
bigdog
Ok I want to join this meet up but not to sure on where people are meeting so hope to see you all out there somewhere. Thinking going to start out with a hike and good look around at eagle creek by bonnie lure, then was thinking of hiking down below the farraday lake dam, I know there are going to be some summers held up down there, always is this time of year.

Last edited: