For the people who don't know

Y
youngbuck307
I am now a guide at The Yakutat lodge up in yakutat Alaska. I am working with one of my friend and fellow forum member Flymstr. I thank him for giving me the chance hope I made him happy with my performance. I will be going back for silvers and maybe sooner. Just got home from my first 15 days for steelhead. They were in a jam and I got called up to help, and just kinda got my foot in the door. Thanks to first off Aaron for the chance, and for showing and helping me so much. Also thanks to Damon for teaching me what u have if I didn't have u and your dad to watch I wouldn't know that creek and what I do without both u guys. Also Alan u got me started bud was only couple years ago u were hooking me up with my first steel. From that day on I have wanted to be a guide. I will remember you and that day of my first steel and salmon forever and is something very special to me. And I have always wanted to do the same for others because I know what a passion and love it can turn into... There are many others to thank but we will just leave it at that

Reactions: eggs and brandon4455
B
beaverfan
Wow man congrats! I knew you were up there but not that you were a guide! Way to go!

Reactions: brandon4455
brandon4455
brandon4455
you have the skills for it! sounds like a blast dude. good to hear from you :D

Reactions: eggs
Y
youngbuck307
Thanks guys it's not easy at all work 7 days a week when ur not on the river ur helping out around the lodge and work like 12 hours a day. But I don't mind it to much being I'm doing something I love

brandon4455
brandon4455
youngbuck307 said:
Thanks guys it's not easy at all work 7 days a week when ur not on the river ur helping out around the lodge and work like 12 hours a day. But I don't mind it to much being I'm doing something I love

thats the key to life. find a job that you enjoy not one that stresses you out. ;)

E
eggs
Badass Tom! Good stuff bro! You guiding flies or bait?

L
lilsalmon
Too cool....lucky you!!!

T
tnffishman
That's awesome man! I knew u were up there but not sure doin what. Hope to see ya on the river down here sometime for springers... I know I'll see ya in the fall

O
OnTheFly
That's awesome Tom!!! Just remember to get some waders that fit.;)

Y
youngbuck307
Aaron is the main fly guide up there. But no bait but I get the gear guys most the time. And my waders fit when I got my belt on... Just like my pants lol

Reactions: Slick
H
halibuthitman
well, welcome to the show............ what a river, you will never have much money guiding on the situk... but you will always be a rich man in my book- congrats

M
metalfisher76
You did fine, I`m sure of that. I`m sooo glad you got the call after I passed. I knew you`d make it work and that`s good for me next year:) Now for those springers.......

B
BobbiDollPDX
I was wondering what happened to you Tom. That's awesome! Congrats!

J
JeannaJigs
Pretty cool

M
meluvtrout
Good for you Tom, I'm glad you did it! See you at the crick...

Reactions: OnTheFly
N
ninja2010
good for you, tom... wishing you all the best in your endeavors. kudos to aaron as well for you taking you under his wing.

Y
youngbuck307
Thanks HHM and as sure u know not as much about the money as it is doing something u love. And yea Damon if u didn't have to pass it up I wouldn't of got the chance. But seemed like everything worked out in the end

Reactions: OnTheFly
C
cddunn
Congratulations, sounds like a sweet summer gig for a youngbuck.

S
skunk
Congrats, saw your pics on his site. Nice place and nice fish.

W
waco
Congratulations Tom!!! thats the perfect job for you!!! what else you can ask for, doing what you love to do!!! BTW where are the pics???