Fooled Again!!

S
Scotsman70
Greetings all,

I had a late start, but went fishing anyway. The creek has always held a bit of the mysterious for me. Small and swift with deep pools and old growth on the banks whats not to like. So like many good little Steelheaders I was ready to bring one home. I began in earnest, cast...drift...retrieve...and so it goes with us drift fishermen. If I concentrated any harder I swear the fish would be piling up and I would be on my third tag of the season; alas fooled again.

So to all of us out there, just remember cast...drift...retrieve.

Sharp Hooks Tight Lines

A
Anyfishisfine
At least you made it out today. I was fooled by weather reports of impending doom.

S
skunk
Cool scotsman70, I made it out with eastcoastborn. Nice guy, had a good time, but alas when I left we were empty handed. O well, it sure as heck beats work and laying around wishing for nice weather. Got all geared up, didn't hardly notice the light rain, and just enjoyed swinging, hunting grey ghosts, and nature.

G
Growbug
Yup, same story here. Hit the Creek at sun up and fished hard with Eggs (the person not the fish catching orb)
We saw fish. I think we may have even given a couple of them headaches watching our offerings go past over and over again. Alas, nothing hooked.

O
OnTheDrop
Howd you guys get skunked today? Water level was perfect.. Fish were hungry. What more can you ask for? If your fishing in holes where theres lots of traffic that could be your problem. The fish will see you and get spooked real easy. As i was drivin by today saw a LOT of cars parked on the side of the road. some 5 cars in one spot. Never seen it this packed before. Good luck next time..and heres a tip. Try to get as far away from people as you can. I always have the best luck up there when i explore and find new holes.

S
skunk
Did you happen to see my name? That's how I got skunked. LOL. Name of the game for me. I'll give up in 10 yrs if I still can't hook one.

H
halibuthitman
SteelmonKiller20 said:
Howd you guys get skunked today? Water level was perfect.. Fish were hungry. What more can you ask for? If your fishing in holes where theres lots of traffic that could be your problem. The fish will see you and get spooked real easy. As i was drivin by today saw a LOT of cars parked on the side of the road. some 5 cars in one spot. Never seen it this packed before. Good luck next time..and heres a tip. Try to get as far away from people as you can. I always have the best luck up there when i explore and find new holes.
if you see a steelhead and you are not catching it it is a presentation issue... spooked steelhead bite as much or more than any other fish, spooking them just takes away your advantage of seeing the presentation to the fish... which is often nerve racking anyway... I have stomped holes thrown rocks and shot jet wash under log jams to pile fish upriver, many guides use this technique in tight water and it has almost no effect on the fish biting.. presentation or color... or just lethargic fish.. its been a little cold and if im correct that eagle creek water is melted snow water... did anyone do a temp check.. roe might have been the ticket these last few days-

M
metalfisher76
:) It`s very cold! No roe needed:):)

E
eggs
Yea we saw a few.. we wernt in the canyon so wernt in full on creek mode.. more small stream mode fishing slots and tailouts a couple miles down from the ladder... not the usual fish every piece of white water EC style... it was weird but that's how EC goes sometime!

Hey Damon you still owe me a EC trip from last years sandy drift boat trip! :)

M
metalfisher76
Let`s go!