Folly water??????

S
spmpdr
I have been hearing about a fishing hole in terrebonne called folly water , i believe that it is close to steelhead falls but am not sure. Does anyone recognize this spot? Is it worth my time to check out? Also if you know the way could you point me in that direction? thanks in advance.

S
spmpdr
UPDATE: i found this spot guys it spelled folley water. Its a great location nice hike and some great fishing holes!!!! i didn't catch anything today but ill sure head down there and give it another shot.

F
flytrekker1007
I have been fishing folley waters for a long time and my friends family has been going there for years and years. Its a cool spot and the less people that know about it the better.

S
spmpdr
flytrekker1007 said:
I have been fishing folley waters for a long time and my friends family has been going there for years and years. Its a cool spot and the less people that know about it the better.

Yes i to have realized that it is better the less people that know.

Irishrover
Irishrover
Sorry Spmpdr I must have missed this completely missed this post. I would have been happy to provide the direction. I don't mind helping a guy get out to new water and enjoying the fishing experience. Tight lines.

F
flytrekker1007
I don't mind either but folley waters isn't a place that you want to end up turning into the water like the lower D where there is a **** load of people fishing.

Irishrover
Irishrover
flytrekker1007 said:
I don't mind either but folley waters isn't a place that you want to end up turning into the water like the lower D where there is a **** load of people fishing.

Not to worry I've given Spmpdr directions to a few places over there and just missed this one. Like Lower Bridge, the Crooked at Opal Springs and Bowman Dam. My farm is near Opal Spring just east of the Crooked River and if folks on this forum ask for direction in that neck of the woods I tend to help them out. It's kind of my back yard.

P
Pete Heley
Folley Water

Folley Water

The spot is on the Deschutes adjacent to Crooked River Ranch and is a wide shallow riffle that fishes well for smaller trout. However the half-mile, or so, of water between the Folley Waters and Steelhead Falls has lots of big browns and a few sizable rainbows in it. My personal best brown trout of more than 15 pounds came from a spot about midway between the two spots.

spmpdr said:
I have been hearing about a fishing hole in terrebonne called folly water , i believe that it is close to steelhead falls but am not sure. Does anyone recognize this spot? Is it worth my time to check out? Also if you know the way could you point me in that direction? thanks in advance.

F
fisherwilly
Pete Heley said:
The spot is on the Deschutes adjacent to Crooked River Ranch and is a wide shallow riffle that fishes well for smaller trout. However the half-mile, or so, of water between the Folley Waters and Steelhead Falls has lots of big browns and a few sizable rainbows in it. My personal best brown trout of more than 15 pounds came from a spot about midway between the two spots.

If this is the same Pete Heley that wrote the book Deschutes River Angler, then I really enjoyed your book. Helped me figure out some spots on the upper river. Welcome to the forum. Spmpdr, there have been a few more people down there fishing lately after the Bulletin wrote an article about how amazing the whitefish fishing is at Steelhead Falls. It is pretty good though.

F
FlyBum
"My personal best brown trout of more than 15 pounds came from a spot about midway between the two spots."

How long ago was that Pete?

F
flytrekker1007
You must have a picture of this monster brown?

FlyBum said:
"My personal best brown trout of more than 15 pounds came from a spot about midway between the two spots."

How long ago was that Pete?

F
FlyBum
That was a question to Pete! I haven't seen anything above 7lbs in that stretch of water! Here's one from a different stretch of the D though, went about 8-9lbs. The first one is from Folly Waters though, last year. She helped me land it!

• 10381056.jpg
  • HPIM1141.jpg
F
flytrekker1007
oh gotcha. Those are sweet.

jamisonace
jamisonace
Long time

Long time

Irishrover, It's been awhile since we fished lower bridge. I'm going to be in Bend next week. If you're around we should go after some of those browns. My schedule is a little up in the air but I should be available for most of Thursday afternoon. I wouldn't mind checking out Folley Waters.

Let me know...541-915-3097 Jamie

Irishrover said:
Sorry Spmpdr I must have missed this completely missed this post. I would have been happy to provide the direction. I don't mind helping a guy get out to new water and enjoying the fishing experience. Tight lines.