Flying Marlin and Tuna! Quepos CR fishing pics December 1

G

GringoJohn

December 1
December12010A.jpg
November262010A.jpg
Had a great time fishing today, fishing has been hot. We went out today and found multiple schools of Spinner Dolphin with Tuna. Since we filled up on Tuna the day before with the same guys, we were going from school to school looking for the big one on live bait. As we were travelling between schools, we threw out the Marlin gear as those have been around as well. Well it paid off as we hooked up with this nice Striped Marlin! It put up a pretty good fight, as they always do, and we finished the day with some good Tuna and the Marlin. Fishing has been really good here lately, in the past 10 trips we have caught 4 Marlin (3 striped and a blue), 150 YF Tuna (not a misprint) , 30 Amberjacks, and some sailfish and dorado as well. Really looking forward to December as the numbers should keep getting better! Check out the awesome pictures!
December12010B.jpg
November262010B.jpg
November242010A.jpg

E

everett464

Posting this here is border-line in-bad-taste. It rained here today, and the rivers are all blown out. Your Tuna and Striped Marlin are ticking me off a little.

On the reals... Great fish. That looks like a blast, and I am about as jealous as a guy could be.

brandon4455

brandon4455

as always, an outstanding report and great pics!!

tight lines,

brandon

R

rippin fish lips

It rained here today, and the rivers are all blown out. Your Tuna and Striped Marlin are ticking me off a little.

yeah wish the willy wasn't blown out! it would be killer right now!

Nice fish tho guys!!

G

GringoJohn

Posting this here is border-line in-bad-taste. It rained here today, and the rivers are all blown out. Your Tuna and Striped Marlin are ticking me off a little.

On the reals... Great fish. That looks like a blast, and I am about as jealous as a guy could be.

Only boderline... I guess... I thought it was snowing up there... I'll do better next time and talk about the 75 degree weather and the sun burns :)

G

GraphiteZen

Come on down and get a boat, I'll set you all up!

Wow, don't tempt me haha... I'm easily mobile. The last time I traveled for salt it was to the mangrove/clam bars of Florida and I BARELY made it home... My uncle offered to score me a job in the bait shop and, long story short, I almost left my parents at 16 haha....

N

nwdunerider

Fished Costa Rica 3 years ago out of Playa Heradura I Boated 4 sailfish that day definatly my biggest one day weight total Great Pics brings back memories

B

BobbiDollPDX

Man, I go through saltwater withdrawals in the winter. I hate hot weather but 75 sounds right in my comfort range. Maybe I'll think about planning a trip next December.

S

ShdwmnkyX

Every time I ever tried going to CR something catastrophic would happen. When my investing in Lottery Futures finally pays off I plan on moving there. Nice fish.

G

GringoJohn

We always release the Marlin. I know 75 may seem hot, but you have to account for the breeze, lots of shade, and the cold one in your hand. :lol:

Top Bottom