Fly tying

R
rainbowfisherman
Just tied up my very first royal Wolff and some soft hackle flys. There not the best but the royal Wolff is a fly i thought i'd never be able to tie. And i did. So for all of you that thinks fly tying is too hard, give it shot. With some practice it gets easier and easier every fly.

Irishrover
Irishrover
Congratulations. Glad you are into tying. Yup its fun and when you land a fish on a fly that you tied, it makes it all the more special.;)

K
Kais
Were can I get tutorial on some easy flies??

O
OnTheFly
R
rainbowfisherman
i agree with what OnTheFly said, thats wear I learned a lot of my flys

T
troutramp
try you tube there are tons of free tutorials on there, but also find fellow tiers check with your local fly shop sometimes there are tie ins and such. I worked in a fly shop that had been open for almost 30 years and once a month the guys who originally tied for the shop would come in and do a tie in. I did not tie when I first started working there but after a while it becomes contagious videos are helpfull as are books but nothing is as helpfull as in person expertise.

Last edited:
M
mlw
A bunch of video's of flies for Oregon rivers here: McKenzie River Fly Pattern Library - very good patterns, local color and size by some of the best tiers in the country.
Michael

D
Doc Crappie
rainbowfisherman said:
Just tied up my very first royal Wolff and some soft hackle flys. There not the best but the royal Wolff is a fly i thought i'd never be able to tie. And i did. So for all of you that thinks fly tying is too hard, give it shot. With some practice it gets easier and easier every fly.

I second that the more you tie the faster and easier it becomes, not to mention the flys look better and better