softhackle002.jpg
classicflies004.jpg
classicfies045_zps4682f6e7.jpg

J
jimmy
jimmy said:
the Green on Green on Green Bead Head Pheasant Tail:

I thought about it and, If you want the PERFECT profile:

when I started tying these I'd only grab 3/4 barbs of legs on that last step and pull em forward over the shell back and throw a couple wraps to lock em down in the direction I wanted, repeat on the opposite side. clip the rest close.

same with the tail, if you want a divided tail with two barbs on each side, grab the center barbs and trim em close.

sometimes profile is the key, sometimes stomping on the fly 3-4 times works too. thought I'd add the option.

cheers,

~Jimmy~

F
flyguy
New Red-Butt Terminator pattern for steelhead or salmon! Love it! Bill Ezell in Hermiston came up with this one a few weeks ago and it has been killing the steelhead on the Umatilla River....

O
OnTheFly
Nice. What size is that? An 8 or #10 maybe?

F
flyguy
Size #6 hook UV Red Butt Terminator

Size #6 hook UV Red Butt Terminator

OnTheFly said:
Nice. What size is that? An 8 or #10 maybe?

Nope, that one is a six. That's the size that has been working well on the Umatilla and Deschutes lately for us

O
OnTheFly
flyguy said:
Nope, that one is a six. That's the size that has been working well on the Umatilla and Deschutes lately for us
That makes sense. It's got characteristics of a Prince, red but skunk, and a zug bug all put into one.

F
flytrekker1007
fly 1.jpgfly 2.jpgfly 3.jpgfly 4.jpg

B
bigboy70
Heres the first complete fly I've tied besides the beginner Willy worms and cream nymphs. I know not a new pattern should just like to here what you guys thinks. Please and thanks.

NCM_0276_zps421c86f5.jpg

CHEERS!

O
OnTheFly
Great job. Besides the peacock herl thorax, what are the other materials?

B
bigboy70
What wrong with peacock hurl? The rest it pheasant tail

O
OnTheFly
bigboy70 said:
What wrong with peacock hurl? The rest it pheasant tail
The peacock herl was the part I recognized. The PT that was dyed threw me off. Thanks!

B
bigboy70
My Pendleton nymph lol. Sorry I miss.read your post lol

G
Gutz
Just a little snow day marabou spey tying... careful of shelf ice if you're venturing out there this week!
DSC06267.jpg

Who else is whipping up some cabin fever flies? :thumb:

F
FlyBum

Last edited by a moderator:
G
Gutz
Killer tube fly!! Lovin the colors!

F
FlyBum
Thanks!!!

F
FlyBum
Just filling boxes...

B
bigboy70
just found out about these tube flies seem like there pretty popular for steelhead and salmon. to people use them for trout as well?
also I'm wanting to tie some bait fish patterns but am getting confused with how many out there can someone point me in the right directions going for trout rainbows,browns, and brooks

F
FlyBum
Tube flies suck... They never work! ;) There are some trout patterns that you tie with tubes.... BE CREATIVE!!!

B
bigboy70
Being creative is no problem lol can wait to share with you guys a fly base I'm making. Sometimes I think ive gone to far