Fly tying and patterns sharing thread

M
mrlindeman
In here we can show our tied patterns with maybe tips and tricks on how to tie. Basically it will be a section specific to tying for us.

Last edited:
B
bigsteel
heres a couple ive been working on a golden stimulator and a caddis poopah pattern i found off the internet,i can't get the caddis pic to load ill have to figure it out later.

• 056.jpg
Last edited:
Reactions: Rogersjd and OnTheFly
W
waco
so i have been tying some more flies but of course i dont know what i am doing!!! any critic or tips guys??? do you think they will produce?

B
bigsteel
waco said:
so i have been tying some more flies but of course i dont know what i am doing!!! any critic or tips guys??? do you think they will produce??

those are lookin good waco,they will definitely hunt

brandon4455
brandon4455
yeah dude ,those look like they would be good for cutthroat and steelhead ;) i'm no a expert but just sayin

M
mrlindeman
Heck Ya!!!! Those are great!!!

F
FishFinger
bigsteel said:
heres a couple ive been working on a golden stimulator and a caddis poopah pattern i found off the internet,i can't get the caddis pic to load ill have to figure it out later.

Bigsteel, that pattern, is it a variation on the royal stimulator? It's really close, nicely done btw. That flys history is kinda funny. Randell Kaufamnn tweaked a pattern known as a "Sofa Pillow". We tied it as our goto dry salmon fly presentation; the sofa pillow that is. Randell added palmered hackle down the abdomen and above the thorax. I imagine it holds in the surface tension well. Just like that Kaufmann gets the credit for another innovation. Anyone of us could do the same, by revisiting old perennial patterns too........ Just saying.

You tie a mean looking fly!

Reactions: OnTheFly
B
bigsteel
thanks fishfinger,no this one is just a regular golden stone exvept i added a brown ackle in back and grizzly in front!!!!!!!!!!tihs fly floats for days,i have tried the royal stimulator and is a very tricky fly to tie,man randall kauffman has created a ton of his own patterns.this year will be the year i enter one of my flies in the tying contest for fly fishermen magazine,ive got a couple more new patterns i just finished up,ill post the pics when i get off work.

Last edited:
E
everett464
Here is my Troutslayer; sort of a hybrid of two killer trout flies (Chewee Stone and Mega Prince). I think I am going to make a video of this one and post it in its own thread, because there are quite a few steps.

Reactions: Rogersjd
B
bigsteel
thats a nice fly

brandon4455
brandon4455
awesome fly i like the bead head and rubber legs

F
FishFinger
everett46

Great fly, very impressive! Looks buggy as all get out.

O
OnTheFly
I'm still playing around with stimulator patterns after bigsteel taught me how it's done.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rogersjd
B
bigsteel
OnTheFly said:
I'm still playing around with stimulator patterns after bigsteel tauhgt me how it's done.
JIm,that stimulator is looking awesome,i notice the underwing flash OH YEA.so now that you can tie these i will take 200 cause im worn out from a making these,,great work jim

W
waco
That is a great looking fly!!!! good job!!!!

brandon4455
brandon4455
awesome stimulator jim

O
OnTheFly
bigsteel said:
nice work mr lindeman,heres a couple ive been working on a golden stimulator and a caddis poopah pattern i found off the internet,i can't get the caddis pic to load ill have to figure it out later.
That's heck-ova nice fly Dave. I need to start further down the hook shaft then figure out how you get the wing to look so good.

O
OnTheFly
Light Spruce

W
waco
i like it!!!

F
FishFinger
OnTheFly said:
Light Spruce

Jim is the wing hen hackle? It's very cool. Are these the type of steelhead flies you were refering too, if so.. I want to play too..lol