Fly tiers!!!

W
waco
I found this feathers and i was wondering if are good for flies or something!!!:think: :think: IMG_1922.jpg

brandon4455
brandon4455
peacock is one of the best materials youc an use because it's so refective and gets the fishes attentin. well, thats what bigsteel told me. the majority of my flies (dry and nymphs) have peacock in them.

T
the_intimidator03
naw... peacock feathers are no use to fly tying.... you should pass them off to me so i can make pretty artistic flies to catch anglers:lol: They do work quite well on a more serious note

Irishrover
Irishrover
Yup lots of uses for peacock feathers when it comes to tying flies. You didn't happen to find those feathers on the back portions of a big bird did you?:lol::lol::lol:

Reactions: OnTheFly
S
steelhead_slayer
u CAN TIE A LOT OF DIFFRENT FLIES WITH THOSE

troutdude
troutdude
Irishrover said:
Yup lots of uses for peacock feathers when it comes to tying flies. You didn't happen to find those feathers on the back portions of a big bird did you?:lol::lol::lol:

OMG! Kids close your eyes...there's a necked bird roaming around!!!

F
fish_4_all
I love peacock feathers especially for trout. A peacock sword tail with a herl body is killer behind a casting bobber. I haven't used any for steelhead but I think I just may have to tie a coulpe up for Sunday or Monday.

O
OnTheFly
A single strand of peacock herl tied around a hook will catch fish. The stuff is like gold to fly tiers.

T
troutramp
madame x, zug bug, many caddis nymphs use peacock, griffiths nat, Az peacock lady ( a really cool pattern), renegade, several baitfish imitations utilize peacock. I have a friend who makes synthetic flie tying materials and he mimics peacock in many of his materials.

T
the_intimidator03
peacock feathers like gold huh... who wants a peacock farm?

brandon4455
brandon4455
troutramp said:
madame x, zug bug, many caddis nymphs use peacock, griffiths nat, Az peacock lady ( a really cool pattern), renegade, several baitfish imitations utilize peacock. I have a friend who makes synthetic flie tying materials and he mimics peacock in many of his materials.

dont forget the bead head pricne and a lot of the other prince variations. peacock makes for a great attractor fly

O
OnTheFly
the_intimidator03 said:
peacock feathers like gold huh... who wants a peacock farm?
Haha...gold cannot catch as many fish as peacock herl. I'd rather have the herl.:D;)