Fly swap ( 1st of 2011)

F
FishFinger
Let's have a fly swap. I'll host.

For this first swap of 2011, let's call it tiers choice; Trout edition. Nymph, emerger, dry, streamer, You make the call.

The format will be the same as other swaps. We'll get a count of the participants. Each person then produces *two (2x) identical reproduction for each of the other members. (example: if 5 take part, it means your tying for 4 others = 8 flies @ 2 apiece) They need to be mailed to the swap host along with return postage included to complete the swap. * if two per is too demanding based on turnout, we can make it 1x each if agreed on.

Flies are light weight, the postage is inexpensive.

I'd like to have this buttoned up and all flies returned by the first of March. We can take the next two weeks to get a head count before we get to tying.

If you interested sound off...... Let's get this thing started!

1/23/11
Swap update​

Do to a great turnout so quickly I'm going to call entry to this swap closed, let the tying begin...

We have 11 members contributing, @ two flies per = 20 reproductions. (don't coun't yourself)

1-FishFinger..... Completed
2-OnTheFly...... Received 2/04/11
3-Meluvtrout.... Received 2/03/11
4-Irishrover..... Received 2/01/11
5-eggs............ Received 2/09/11
6-Growbug...... Received 2/17/11
7-Bigsteel......... Received 2/08/11
8-Fishfiddle...... Received 2/09/11
9-Joesnuffy..... Received 2/02/11
10-Markasd..... Received 2/02/11
11-Lilsalmon.... Received 2/14/11

I'll PM everyone with my address, let's try and get them in before mid Feb, so with shipping back and forth I can have them back to you all by 3/1/11

When shipping please include a return address envelope along with postage necessary to get them back to you.

1/27/11

All members should have my mailing address in a PM. If I forgot you, sorry let me know and I'll send it out.

MLT, you; I'll see you on Wednesdays.

2/17/11 Update

All the flies are now in, great job done by all. I'll need a few days to get them sorted, pictured and repackaged. I need about 48rs to do so and expect to visit the post office by Sat the 19th.

2/19/11
All flies are on the way, I bagged them but didn't tag them. Here are pictures to reference them by.

1-FishFinger
DSCN2235.jpg

2-OnTheFly
DSCN2233.jpg

3-Meluvtrout
DSCN2240.jpg

4-Irishrover
DSCN2237.jpg

5-eggs
DSCN2244.jpg

6-Growbug
DSCN2243.jpg

7-Bigsteel
DSCN2241.jpg

8-Fishfiddle
DSCN2239.jpg

9-Joesnuffy
DSCN2234.jpg

10-Markasd
DSCN2242.jpg

11-Lilsalmon
DSCN2236.jpg

Last edited:
A
autofisher
If I knew how to tie..... I'd be in. I can make you a nice yarnie though :)

Reactions: Raincatcher
O
OnTheFly
I'm all in.

M
meluvtrout
I'm in, but don't expect anything fancy! :)

brandon4455
brandon4455
autofisher said:
If I knew how to tie..... I'd be in. I can make you a nice yarnie though :)

i hear ya mike. i wish i knew how to tie. hoping to have dave teach me when i egt a vise. can't wait to see what you guys tie up! :D

D
Drew9870
If I can restock on hooks and beads, I'll do a couple skunk pattern mini Wooly Buggers, or a nightmare pattern for steelhead.

I bet mrlindman is all in, he'll see this thread in the morning.

I'll confirm hopefully by next week.

I know, I am officially obsessed with Wooly Buggers, pretty soon I am going to have posters of them above my materials, no, in my room actually.... :lol:

Last edited:
Irishrover
Irishrover
I'm in! Mrs Santa brought me a new rotorary vise for Christmas this will be a good use for it. Thanks for doing this again!:)

E
eggs
Can't promise they will catch but I can give it a shot!

G
Growbug
I'm in... I'll do a Krystal Meth Olive Bugger... its just like OTF's krystal olive, but this one then sells everything it can get its hand on, just to get something to bite.

B
bigsteel
i would like to join the fly swap as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

F
FishFiddle
Ok, I'm in too.

J
joesnuffy
count me in. I have no idea what to tie but I'll come up with something.....

O
OnTheFly
bigsteel said:
i would like to join the fly swap as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey Dave, I'll swap a bunch off flies with you right now! (sorry...can't come up with 200 stim's) :D...;)

B
bigsteel
OnTheFly said:
Hey Dave, I'll swap a bunch off flies with you right now! (sorry...can't come up with 200 stim's) :D...;)

heck yea jim,let me know what u want....

O
OnTheFly
bigsteel said:
heck yea jim,let me know what u want....
200 Stimulators.:D jk. Actually, I am in the process of filling up the 'fly' compartment in a new chest pack I got for Christmas and, although space is limited, i'm trying to stock it with the most river productive flies. Suggestions from you would be nice.:cool:

M
markasd
Depending on the participation I would tie up MOAL leeches to swap - takes me roughly a half hour per leech.
With a lot of participants maybe I do a skater like a Bulkley Moose or a Caddis Flash..

Count me in.

B
bigsteel
1.PEACOCK STIMULATOR
2.sofa pillow
3.norm woods special
4.skwala stone
these 4 are awesome for the hatch that we will be fishing on the deschutes anf great for a dropper set up

1.bwo parachute
2.adams parachute
3.egg laying caddis
4.yellow sallys
5.standard elk hair caddis
6.PMD extended body
7.march brown (WESTERN)
nymphs.
1.gold ribbed hares
2.prince
3.silveys caddis pupa
4.diving caddis
5.possie bugger
6.mega prince
7.morrish super pupa
8.hogans clinger MARCH BROWN
9.flashback pheasant tail

i ahve caught fish on all these patterns,,this year im gonna experiment with karnopps riffle diver pattern..

O
OnTheFly
bigsteel said:
1.PEACOCK STIMULATOR
2.sofa pillow
3.norm woods special
4.skwala stone
these 4 are awesome for the hatch that we will be fishing on the deschutes anf great for a dropper set up

1.bwo parachute
2.adams parachute
3.egg laying caddis
4.yellow sallys
5.standard elk hair caddis
6.PMD extended body
7.march brown (WESTERN)
nymphs.
1.gold ribbed hares
2.prince
3.silveys caddis pupa
4.diving caddis
5.possie bugger
6.mega prince
7.morrish super pupa
8.hogans clinger MARCH BROWN
9.flashback pheasant tail

i ahve caught fish on all these patterns,,this year im gonna experiment with karnopps riffle diver pattern..
Holy crap! I'm going to need a bigger chest pouch!.lol Cool thanks Dave. Out of your 13 I've got five of your patterns already in place. Glad to see I'm on your page. Your list will give others ideas I'm sure.

p.s. funny,,, wasn't hard for me to guess what your #1 pattern would be. ;)

Last edited:
B
bigsteel
OnTheFly said:
Holy crap! I'm going to need a bigger chest pouch!.lol Cool thanks Dave. Out of your 13 I've got five of your patterns already in place. Glad to see I'm on your page. Your list will give others ideas I'm sure.

p.s. funny,,, wasn't hard for me to guess what your #1 pattern would be. ;)

i like trying new patterns and these ones i have listed by far the best ive used,,,,,but there is always room for more flies...i carry 12 peacock stims in my box,i would hate to die on the river without them in my box....jim your chestpack will turn into a backpack very soon heheheh

L
lilsalmon
Can I play???? Haven't made anything yet but will this weekend......Expect some caddis' cuz that is my favorite