Fly rod fish!

T
Troutier Bassier
9_202210899795652_100000202303840_854537_4441169_o.jpg

Here it is! Nothing too special, only 14" and yeah it is a stocker trout, but it was REALLY fun catching it on the fly! :) I caught it on a fly that I myself tied! Size 6 brown wooly bugger!

(everyone please EXCLUDE the negative comments regarding how 'stupid' hatchery fish are. I'm 13 years old. I should be able to fish for whatever the hell I want and not be judged by it. Thanks.)

T
Throbbit _Shane
i thought u were older then 13 lol

nice fish. nothing wrong with stocked trout.

S
sts slayer
um.... troutierbassier ivan tied that fly but thanks thanks for sharing anyway

T
Troutier Bassier
No he didn't. I tied it with the hackle and stuff that he gave to me.

S
sts slayer
george ivan never gave you beeds or yarn to tie wooley buggers

Irishrover
Irishrover
Congratulations, it's fun catching a fish on a fly and even more fun when it's one of your own flies. Good job!

H
halibuthitman
soooooo... did a dog eat your rod grip? whats with the electrical tape and painters tape? oh, and good job T/B!

T
Troutier Bassier
sts slayer said:
george ivan never gave you beeds or yarn to tie wooley buggers

My dad got me some new stuff.

T
Troutier Bassier
halibuthitman said:
soooooo... did a dog eat your rod grip? whats with the electrical tape and painters tape? oh, and good job T/B!

Noo, I put that on there. It looks cool, feels better, and it matches my coat and waders.

W
waco
Good job TB i can see the wolley bugger on the mouth :clap: :clap:!!! It doesn't matter if is a stocked trout catching fish with a fly is always a blast!!!

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
Nice! I remember the first time I caught a trout on a fly I tied myself - way cool feeling :) My fish was also caught on a woolly bugger - a black size 6, unweighted. Doesn't matter if your fish was a stocker or wild or naturalized fish - it's your fish, your new happy memory, and it took a fly that looked like natural food instead of a hunk of power bait or Purina Trout Chow :) Nothin' to complain about there!

Gotta say I'm surprised that you're only 13 - I pegged you for around 16 or so - your postings seem more reasoned and mature than a typical 13 year old.

Grats on the fish man.

S
Sgrunig90
Nice fish. Who cares if your 13 ... last time I checked ANYONE can catch fish, regardless of age. Hell, I'm sure you can outfish a lot of people too. More power to you! Congrats! Nice fish!

I
Ifishforfood
george, ivan tied the fly. its alright to admit that he did!

R
RIVERFISHER
Ifishforfood said:

ifishforfood, you and your little boyfriend sts slayer need to get off his jock and chill.. What you guys dont have anything better than to razz a 13 year old.. Kinda pathetic i think.. Sucks that i havnt posted in awhile and what gets me to post anything is 2 idiots being jealous and razzing a kid.

T
TTFishon
Nice fish TB!!! Way to get out there and get after em, with your own fly to boot.

T
Troutier Bassier
Ifishforfood said:

If Ivan would have tied that fly, I would have said "my friend Ivan tied that fly"
You wouldn't know buddy! You weren't even there! and this isn't the time I went with you! Its a different time!

T
Troutier Bassier
Everyone else, thank you! :) It was really a lot of fun!
And Yes, I am only 13. haha, I look older cause of my height (5'11)

T
Thuggin4Life
Right on!

S
sts slayer
hay im a 13 year old kid having a joke with my buddy

Last edited by a moderator:
Y
Yohan
sts slayer said:
hay im a 13 year old kid having a joke with my buddy

obviously!

BTW... T/B nice work, but you would look cooler without the electrical tape and painting tape (i'm laughing even typing that)... but i'll give you a break because you're 13. Go get em!

Last edited by a moderator: