Fly pics

brandon4455
brandon4455
hey guys lets post some pictures of flies. im going to go ahead and post a few that i think are really cool close up pictures of flies are like art..well atleast thats what i think of it as. my favorite out of these is the skagit minnow on the bottom... the blending of the colors is brilliant. but i aalso like the egg sucking leech because it is cool looking and very effective at the same time :D

brandon

• skagit-minnow.jpg
  • 3109930574_092b4433ed.jpg
  • 2618349810032727886S500x500Q85.jpg
Last edited:
troutdude
troutdude
I refer youse guyz, to the Borden Special that is in my avatar. It was designed, specifically for Bluebacks on the Alsea. The designer owns a fly materials distribution shop in Monroe. (sorry, no direct sales to the public)

O
OnTheFly
Dave....what the heck are the wings made out of?:confused: That's a sick fly!!!:shock:

B
bigsteel
thanks guys,,can u tell i havnt been fishing mych!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!jim the wings are just Epoxy, Clear & MFC Wing Material, Mottled Web..i love the stuff you can make it any color or use the standard it comed with,,,also u can cut them any shape u want

O
OnTheFly
That's one you'll have to show me how to make. Have you put it to the test yet? And yeah...your fly table looks thrashed. lol.

B
bigsteel
:lol::lol::lol: that table needs some serious organizing man,,i forgot where half my stuff went..i can show you how to tie it and NO this upcoming year will be put to the serious test,,and you can help me test them

O
OnTheFly
Yeah....that'll be a nice one to try at the Big D on our float trip....oops! I just let the cat outta the bag!

B
bigsteel
OnTheFly said:
Yeah....that'll be a nice one to try at the Big D on our float trip....oops! I just let the cat outta the bag!

oh man i can't wait,,i am really looking forward to this!!!!!!!!!!!!so many good spots to hit my friend we will be in trout heaven

brandon4455
brandon4455
that sounds awesome! good luck on that trip guys, hope you catch some big ones just one thing, bring me some pics of them monster trout!!

G
GDBrown
Sick looking fly!

Sick looking fly!

OnTheFly said:
Dave....what the heck are the wings made out of?:confused: That's a sick fly!!!:shock:

Ya, but sick or cripple flies are easy pickings and really work better than an exact match when mixed into a huge hatch.:think:

GD

This is a great idea. maybe we could have a section for each type of fishing, ie. dry, wet, swing, salmon, steelhead, trout./////

O
OnTheFly
GDBrown said:
Ya, but sick or cripple flies are easy pickings and really work better than an exact match when mixed into a huge hatch.:think:

GD
lol. You forget that I have kids and that's the way they talk and 'sick' it means it's extremely awesome. But I guess it would still work if we called it a 'PMD Sick Dun':D

Irishrover
Irishrover
Dave I'm thinking that fly ought to get down to the bottom if that's copper wire I'm looking at. Did you add any lead to it? Looking forward to seeing you hit the Deschutes with it. I should be able to spend more time there this year!;)

B
bigsteel
oh yea i added lead underneath the copper wire so this fly will get down in a hurry,,,,Lonn you should come to the deschutes and do the float with us,,ill send you a pm.

M
mlw
Here are three from last night - the egg fly and lifter variant are tied with a certain local uv yarn. (nice stuff gentlemen)
lifter-PB021028.jpgeggfly-PB021025.jpgminitruder-PB021031.jpg
Michael

W
waco
mlw said:
Here are three from last night - the egg fly and lifter variant are tied with a certain local uv yarn. (nice stuff gentlemen)

Michael
nice good looking flies!!!!! i really like the last one!!!

B
bigsteel
Hook 2 or 3x hook
Thread Uni-Thread, Rusty Brown
Antenna Goose Biot, Brown
Bead MFC Brass Bead, Gold
Body Wire, Black & Wire, Copper
Legs Goose Biot, Brown
Tail Goose Biot, Brown
Thorax MFC Z-yarn, Golden Stone & MFC Wabbit Dubbing, Golden Amber & MFC Wabbit Dubbing, Rust
Underbody MFC Frog's Hair, Golden Brown
Weight Wire, Lead
Wingcase Epoxy, Clear & MFC Wing Material, Mottled Web

brandon4455
brandon4455
;)i spy ss yarn in the background

B
bigsteel
brandon4455 said:
;)i spy ss yarn in the background

hahhahaha,thats marabou

brandon4455
brandon4455
brandon4455
brandon4455
you should give that baby a test run on steelhead. ;)