Fly line

T
Troutier Bassier
Aight my fly line is getting worn out and is loosing its float. Can anyone recommend me some good floating 7/8wt fly line to use for this upcoming coho season? Thanks!

B
bigsteel
cortland 444dt

E
everett464
It's a little spendy, but the Royal Wulff Arrowhead Triangle Taper floating line is awesome.

The 444 is an awesome proven line, but I like to get a little more distance, and having just picked up the Arrowhead, I am totally sold. It shoots well in a traditional cast, and it rolls like no other line I have ever used.

E
eggs
I am really liking the Rio Gold 8WF

T
troutramp
Rio or Orvis but it mostly depends on the rod you are using charachteristics such as length and action (speed) will usually dictate the line you need. Its never just as simple as buying a line thats rated for the right weight.

O
Oregon Knights
I recommend taking your rod and reel to your reputable fly shop and work with them to find the right line. As Troutramp indicated, it depends. Your rod may say it's a 7/8, but may load and cast better with a 7 in one brand and 8 or even 9 in another. A good fly shop will be have numerous lines already spooled so you can test them before buying. This is important in my book. I've purchased this way for many years and have always been pleased with my final decision. Good luck.

S
Sinkline
I like Rio lines all but except my intermediate sinker which is a clear/camo Cortland.