Fly fishing video tutorials?

E
EsotericForest
I'm a very visual person, and find videos to be one of the best ways for me to learn something. I've watched all the youtube videos done by tightlinesflyshop, and really enjoyed them. However I was looking for some other similarly well done fly fishing videos that may be of some benefit to a newbie. Any suggestions? Most of the ones I keep finding are really poorly done, or just videos of people fly fishing.

E
EsotericForest
FYI, I also just found some through "Trails".

S
Spydeyrch
I have a few that I like to watch. Sometimes, they best instructional videos are ones of people just fishing. That way I can watch what they are doing wrong and right. But here are a few of people teaching:

Fly Fishing for Trout (1 of 6)

There are 6 in that series. Look for them in order. They aren't the best quality but he gives really good instruction and they are fun to watch.

Trout Wilderness Fly Fishing (1 of 6)

Again, 6 different parts. Look for them.

When I locate the other ones I like to watch, I will post them too.

Enjoy!

-Spydey

E
EsotericForest
Thank you very much Spydeyrch, I'm viewing them now :)

S
Spydeyrch
No problem. Let me know what you thought of them.

Also, if you have itunes, subscribe to the Orvis Podcast. Tom Rosenbauer (sp?) hosts them and really gives a lot of good info in them. Especially on how to read the water and locate trout. Good stuff.

Take care.

-Spydey

S
Spydeyrch
ninja2010 said:

I have to say , ninja2010, that was one of the most inspiring short films I have ever seen about fishing. Really heart touching and impacting. I really enjoyed his journey and the significance that it held for him and then in the end, he was just a normall conneticut country boy playing his guitar. Thank you for sharing that link, it is now one of my favorites.

-Spydey

N
ninja2010
glad you liked it. it's one of my favorites too.