Fly fishing the Metolius River

Admin
Admin
A River for Christmas

A winter visit to the Metolius River in central Oregon.

R
RunWithSasquatch
That water is cold enough when I float down to Lake Billy Chinook during the summer. I dont think I'd want anything to do with it in winter.

F
fishingfreak
Thank you for sharing that video Anatoliy! That is a beautiful River! That is a prime example why I Love to hike long hikes and enjoy a beautiful day of fishing.

FF

S
steelhead_slayer
that's a great fly for there, but looks like you know that

Last edited:
B
bigsteel
great video,,i enjoy fishing that river in solitude.

Gunga
Gunga
That real fishing right there. all on your own with your skills to guide you.

M
mosd
nice looking fly in first segment of video, lemme guess your chasing big dollies in those deep holes.

love the fish skull heads, we have em here at the shop (hareline dubbin) but havent had the time to tie with em yet due to duck season going on

brandon4455
brandon4455
awesome video, beautiful bull trout

O
OnTheFly
Enjoyed that very much. Thanks.

S
steelhead_slayer
would you mind sharing that fly recipe? i totally understand if you don't want to though

L
lilsalmon
Oh wow.....I want to be there...I was told by Gene who owns the Lebanon fly shop that winter is his favorite time to fish the Metolius...I even got some of his special flies....Thats one trip I have to do. Ready Bigsteel? Almost got use of my leg. Beautiful video.

V
viento
The guy at 4:36 must be from northern Canada! :shock: :lol:

B
bigsteel
lilsalmon said:
Oh wow.....I want to be there...I was told by Gene who owns the Lebanon fly shop that winter is his favorite time to fish the Metolius...I even got some of his special flies....Thats one trip I have to do. Ready Bigsteel? Almost got use of my leg. Beautiful video.

im ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S
Studdedfeltsoles
Thanks for all the kind words regarding my short film.... Look for more in the future as I learn about the equipment. I will work on a short tying film as requested here....I do have a few early works posted on my web site. Cheers, Joel La Follette

F
FishFinger
Joel, thanks for the video, it was great. And welcome to our forum. I remember you from your days at Kaufmanns. I understand you have a shop in West Linn. I wish you the best of luck and I'll drop by soon and say hi in person.

M
michigan_transplant
good stuff

O
OnTheFly
Joel no kidding! You're the one that opened up in West Linn? You'll be seeing me soon as well!

W
waco
Studdedfeltsoles said:
Thanks for all the kind words regarding my short film.... Look for more in the future as I learn about the equipment. I will work on a short tying film as requested here....I do have a few early works posted on my web site. Cheers, Joel La Follette
really cool video!!!! Welcome to OFF!!! LOOKING FORWARD FOR THE TYING FILM!!!

B
bigsteel
Joel,thanks for stopping in,,i enjoyed your video as well.you are an incredible fly tyer and fishermen,,can't wait to see whats next