Fly fishing still water for big trout

F
Fly Inspired
Hey guys,

This past fall my employer sent me out to shoot a few lodges in BC and i was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to put together a youtube video for one of the operations.

We got to fish a couple trophy rainbow trout lakes as well as 2 beautiful river systems secluded deep in the Cariboo region.

I hope you guys enjoy my video!

This is part 1 of a 2 part series. the next leg of the adventure takes south where we encounter post spawn bull trout and late season cut throat trout in the kootenays.

Thanks for watching,

Dan

Reactions: DOKF and troutdude
DOKF
DOKF
A good friend of mine in BC Don Freschi has a show "Sport Fishing on the Fly" that is often shown on cable. He highlights fly fishing around the Kootenays and BC in general.

Catch his show if you have a chance.

Reactions: Fly Inspired
F
Fly Inspired
DOKF said:
A good friend of mine in BC Don Freschi has a show "Sport Fishing on the Fly" that is often shown on cable. He highlights fly fishing around the Kootenays and BC in general.

Catch his show if you have a chance.
Will do!

DOKF
DOKF
Great video! I can't wait for part 2. Makes me homesick ...

DOKF
DOKF
so jealous!

troutdude
troutdude
Welcome to OFF. Glad to have ya. I've only been to BC once; but it wasn't a fishing trip. It was 1980 and I drove up in my '65 Chevy Malibu. I had no fewer than 5 guys around my age (19) offer me cash, for my ride. Malibu's weren't sold in Canada. So it was very popular; and some had never seen one before. ;-)

Great job on recording your video. Nice and easy music bed, at just the right volume. And no LOUD/ OBNOXIOUS music too boot. Easy to listen to your smooth delivery on the voice tracks as well.

Beautiful fish and awesome scenery eh. LOL Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
F
Fly Inspired
DOKF said:
Great video! I can't wait for part 2. Makes me homesick ...
I am excited to bring it to you! hopefully it brings back more good memories

DOKF
DOKF
troutdude said:
Welcome to OFF. Glad to have ya. I've only been to BC once; but it wasn't a fishing trip. It was 1980 and I drove up in my '65 Chevy Malibu. I had no fewer than 5 guys around my age (19) offer me cash, for my ride. Malibu's weren't sold in Canada. So it was very popular; and some had never seen one before. ;-)

Great job on recording your video. Nice and easy music bed, at just the right volume. And no OBNOXIOUS music too boot. Easy to listen to you smooth delivery on the voice tracsk too.

Beautiful fish and awesome scenery eh. LOL Thanks for sharing.
Troutdude, you must have had a special Malibu, because I also had one while growing up in Canada. I also had a '62 Chevy II and a '68 Acadian. At that time, GM sold the Acadian instead of the Nova, but it was the same car.

Reactions: Fly Inspired and troutdude
DOKF
DOKF
Fly Inspired said:
I am excited to bring it to you! hopefully it brings back more good memories
It will! Love watching flyfishing videos. I am not a great videographer, but really appreciate those that are.

troutdude
troutdude
DOKF said:
Troutdude, you must have had a special Malibu, because I also had one while growing up in Canada. I also had a '62 Chevy II and a '68 Acadian. At that time, GM sold the Acadian instead of the Nova, but it was the same car.
I'm not sure if it was anything special. But It was a cool and fun ride. Although I did forget that it was a Chevy Malibu Chevelle model. Just like this one; except the top was powder blue just like the rest of the body.

1607123376523.png

Reactions: Fly Inspired and DOKF
hobster
hobster
Cool video! Thanks I enjoyed that

DOKF
DOKF
troutdude said:
I'm not sure if it was anything special. But It was a cool and fun ride. Although I did forget that it was a Chevy Malibu Chevelle model. Just like this one; except the top was powder blue just like the rest of the body.
Very cool ride!

Reactions: troutdude
F
Fly Inspired
Reactions: hobster