Fly fishing Olallie

B
bigsteel
went out yesterday to olallie to test out the new pontoon,,and of course FISH.....me and rose met up with eggs already on the lake in his boat,,,he had caught 12 before we even had the toon in the water..............what a great day perfect weather,,,tons of bugs hatching and FLY FISHING.........i caught 8 rose caught 6 and eggs caught i dont know how many 19 or 20...i fished the point in the island around the one cove and it was dead for 20 minutes until this mayfly hatch just busted out and it was wild i had trout jumpin all around my toon and i was lickin my lips,,,,i got too antsy and cut through my tippet in anticipation of having my line out before i even did:(then i threw on a bwo emerger and whammo i caught 3 out of that hatch but i should of had 15 or 20,,,,oh well ill get em next time.i had real good luck trollin a peacock stimulator,,,and a couple fish came on march brown extended body,,,,,,as we were gettin back in a drunk fellow came by and preceeded to try and tell us how to fish this lake,,,,,oh this is not the time of year for flies blah blah blah,,,,,ive been fishin this lake since the 70s,,,you have to use worm or power around here,,,,so i politely disagreed and told him i prefer to throw feathers......so i anchored up 40 feet out and pulled out a nice rainbow,,,,,,,,,,,,,roses good friend wanted some trout for dinner so we decided to keep a few....all others were released unharmed

btw if your up there camping dont give any money to a guy on a four wheeler with yellow helmet,,,,,hes been going around collecting money for camping and we were informed yesterday that camping is free,,,,,lets just say theres a lot of pissed off people up there looking for a quad:):):)

AGAIN ROSE HAD THE BIG FISH AWARD,,,,,,im gonna have to step up my game,,,im gettin waxed miyagi style:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
M
metalfisher76
I believe it`s Miyagi!!:lol: Did that big boy come right after drunkard?? That would be the stuff!! But sounds like that`s rose`s. She has a "bigfish" nack! Great job ya`ll!!

B
bigsteel
hahahahha,,,,,i wish it would of ran after him,,,,,we had to go across the lake so we didn't have to hear his expertise,,,,,,,,the dude had a flask the size of my head.

M
metalfisher76
:lol:Did ya do this with that fish in yer hand!?:tongue:

B
bigsteel
:tongue::tongue::tongue::yay::yay::yay::tongue:

M
metalfisher76
Noyce!

L
Left Bank
bigsteel said:
btw if your up there camping dont give any money to a guy on a four wheeler with yellow helmet,,,,,hes been going around collecting money for camping and we were informed yesterday that camping is free,,,,,lets just say theres a lot of pissed off people up there looking for a quad:):):)

I paid that guy when I was up there a couple weeks ago.... So the guy ripped me OFF????

troutdude
troutdude
"AGAIN ROSE HAD THE BIG FISH AWARD,,,,,,im gonna have to step up my game,,,im gettin waxed miyagi style"...

Remember Daniel son...Wax on, Wax OFF! LOL

Glad you guys had fun, and even proved a drunken idiot wrong!

L
lilsalmon
So by the time I got home and after only 1.5 hours of sleep the night before...yeah...I was a bit loopy....this is my pic of our fish. Notice the plump one at the bottom...that's Dave's..sweet... And thanks eggs for the ride in your boat...trollin dry flies..hehe

One of these things is not like the other....one of these things don't belong...can you figure out which one? I said I was loopy...

Last edited by a moderator:
O
OnTheFly
lilsalmon said:
...trollin dry flies..hehe..

What the............???????:shock::confused:

troutdude
troutdude
lilsalmon said:
So by the time I got home and after only 1.5 hours of sleep the night before...yeah...I was a bit loopy....this is my pic of our fish. Notice the plump one at the bottom...that's Dave's..sweet... And thanks eggs for the ride in your boat...trollin dry flies..hehe

One of these things is not like the other....one of these things don't belong...can you figure out which one? I said I was loopy...

ROTFL!

Holy cow man. Here I was trying to see if one of the four was a cutt or nook or some other specie. Then BAM! Just like Emeril Lagasse, I saw the light! How does one compare a cracker fish w/ the real McCoy??? LOL

N
ninja2010
OnTheFly said:

trolling is the trend...

O
OnTheFly
N
ninja2010
sorta like waking or skating, eh?

O
OnTheFly
Hmmm:think: learn sump'thin new every day. and all this time i thought only the harriet lake stocker trout could be caught that way :D

Last edited:
B
bigsteel
OnTheFly said:

i caught 3 trollin a stimulator,,,,it would go down subsurface and 3 times wham,,,,fish on.......you could see them come up and strike it,,,then look like an idiot gettin the rod out of the holder.......

B
bigsteel
Left Bank said:
I paid that guy when I was up there a couple weeks ago.... So the guy ripped me OFF????

yep,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,we paid him too a couple weeks ago......

E
eggs
Ollalie sucks no fish and bad camping.. to cramped!

L
lilsalmon
what????? say ye????? Dry fly trollin...I like dry fly fishin and didn't want to take it OFF........:D

The place is cramped, dusty, huge potholes, drunks, and the fish taste like sh*t........

Last edited:
G
GDBrown
lilsalmon said:
what????? say ye????? Dry fly trollin...I like dry fly fishin and didn't want to take it OFF........:D

The place is cramped, dusty, huge potholes, drunks, and the fish taste like sh*t........

And you're going back when?