Fly fishing @ Lost Lake

G
GDBrown
Anyone interested in some fly fishing at lost lake down by Spruce Run park. They just put 300 of the large trout into the lake this week. I'll be taking my two person drift boat and arriving early. Let me know if you are interested. I could use some help with what to use on the lake. Streams are never a problem for me but this is the first year I have targeted lakes with my fly rod. :dance:(never had a boat before):dance:

GD

R
redhawk50
I have always had success with bead headed prince nymphs in the size 12-14 range for trout with my fly rod. Nice strip in tends to get hits and even just when changing locations have had it hit. Caught a bunch using that that fly on Trillium the week that was stocked. I used it on my floating line on a 9ft leader so it was probably around 1-2 feet deep in the water. Good Luck!

D
dangerranger
redhawk50 said:
I have always had success with bead headed prince nymphs in the size 12-14 range for trout with my fly rod. Nice strip in tends to get hits and even just when changing locations have had it hit. Caught a bunch using that that fly on Trillium the week that was stocked. I used it on my floating line on a 9ft leader so it was probably around 1-2 feet deep in the water. Good Luck!

The best thing ive ever tied on up there is a light green wolly bugger, with black and a little bit of silver on it. It also has a gold bead head. I used to buy them at Joes when it was around and we used to kill them up at lost lake. I used to take my drift boat up and we would c&r 40 fish a day each. If you can find one you should do very well. Tight lines

G
GDBrown
Rainbows @ the Lake

Rainbows @ the Lake

Had a great time this morning along with lots of other anglers up at Lost Lake. Even got to watch some 4 wheeling since someone backed too far down into the mud!:shock:

I met AKAngler there and he showed me how it is done "On the Fly"

OFFJohn-AKAngler.jpg
LostLake9-26-09.jpg

Nice job John.

With 300 fish just like that in the lake and 50 or so people fishing I'm sure they will not last long.

A
akangler
Was nice meeting you and I look forward to fishing with you again.
I think your right about the fish not lasting long there, with that many people and a nice weekend I'm sure they are thinned out now.....was a fun day.

S
snowrdr
Nice pics! I had fun there last Thurs.
Did anyone catch a bigger one with a Carey Special fly in its mouth?
If so, I want my fly back... :lol::lol::lol:

A
akangler
snowrdr said:
Nice pics! I had fun there last Thurs.
Did anyone catch a bigger one with a Carey Special fly in its mouth?
If so, I want my fly back... :lol::lol::lol:

I wish I could have made it earlier in the week I heard it was some good action, I know coffenberry lake got 500 of the "trophy" trout stocked there about the same time as lost lake, I might try there in a day or 2.