Fly fishing in Corvallis?

F
freeflyin
I'm wondering if anyone knows of any cool spots on the Willamette near Corvallis or even Albany. I work mostly in Linn and Benton Counties and am always looking to fly fish in between jobs. Let me know if you can. Thanks,
Free

thanks for all of the fantastic info i've been reading

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Not a very good trout fishing around Corvallis but there is a lot of good smallie fishing. Personally I LOVE fly fishing for smallmouth.

In Albany:

Google Maps

Corvallis:

Google Maps

Here is where the Santiam flows into the Willammette. Follow it up and you can find a bunch of places to get at it from various roads.

Google Maps

CombatChuck has a secret spot on the Callipooia he flys trout on. I'm pretty sure I have figured out where it is but I'll let him post it if he likes.. :cool:

Google maps or Google Earth is great for finding spots if you care to take the time!

Reactions: mahmichael
S
steelhead1
freeflyin said:
I'm wondering if anyone knows of any cool spots on the Willamette near Corvallis or even Albany. I work mostly in Linn and Benton Counties and am always looking to fly fish in between jobs. Let me know if you can. Thanks,
Free

thanks for all of the fantastic info i've been reading

Closest place I have found is the riffles around irish bend on the willie.Some nice 'uns in there

F
freeflyin
Thanks fellas, I appreciate it.
Free

C
Combat Chuck
Its a little far from corvallis but the upper calipooia has a ton of small trout. I usually fish about 5 miles above the "town" of Holley on Upper Calipooia Drive but have caught them as low as the Browsnville park.

F
freeflyin
Thanks Combat!! What's the biggest you've caught out of there?
Free

C
Combat Chuck
Probably 11-12" - 6" is typical, rainbows & a few cutthroat