Fly fishing Dechutes steelhead

T
troutfisherman
today i was flyfishing for trout at 230 ! didn't really catch anything but i did get some bites anyways around 500 i when to my fav spot to fish on the dechutes and i almost landed a steelhead on my 5wt 9ft flyrod !!!!! no joke ! it was ALSOME !!!! it just got off my hook when it was close to land!! i was like man:shock:

so after that i just started fishing again !! and bam !! i hooked a whitefish :D altho its not a steelhead its still fun !! the funny part was when i hooked it i sliped up and fell in the water. i got water in my waders and i was wet n cold !! lol the fish was still hook up
on my line so i got back up and got him into my net !! today was a pretty fun day haha :lol:

M
metalfisher76
Next time you`ll land yer steel and stay dry! Sounds like ya had fun man, that`s what it`s all about.

H
halibuthitman
I always liked when a whitefish would fill in the time between trout.. pretty tough fighters. sounds like a fun day.

B
bigsteel
excellent day you had,,its nice to mix it up

T
troutfisherman
haha thanks everybody !! if anyone needs a fishing buddy just write back i would be glade to fish wit somebody on the weekends !!!

B
bigsteel
i love the deschutes and im over there quite a bit,,,well have to fish together one of these days

S
skunk
Good times, I have yet to dunk my waders! Don't feel like I'm a proper fisherperson yet, hopefully its in the summer and not winter.

G
GDBrown
skunk said:
Good times, I have yet to dunk my waders! Don't feel like I'm a proper fisherperson yet, hopefully its in the summer and not winter.

Why not the winter? That's when the best fishing is! All the yuppies fishers are at home watching WFN on tv.