Fly fishing at E.E. Wislon pond

Admin
Admin
Several beautiful rainbow and brook trout that I caught today on a little black nymph at EE Wilson pond

[video=youtube;7JDP-K_giPo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JDP-K_giPo[/video]

T
Troutier Bassier
LMAO!! The victory scream at 0:37 was amazing!!! And the brookie is nice. :D

J
Johnny Southpaw
Nice job Anatoliy! Great video mi amigo!

O
Outdoor_Myers
wow it was really sunny out at 12:22am :p lol great job it looked like a blast. I can't wait to try out that lake!

C
Cohosanders
Sweet looking pond and sweet looking fish. Looks like a good time.

T
Thuggin4Life
Nice job man!

S
snowrdr
Great job on the hook sets!!! :cool::cool::cool:

P
Pepp
Great Fish

Great Fish

Hi Anatoliy!

Tried out the pond yesterday. Had a lot of fun didn't catch anything. Was using black wooly buggers size 8 and 10 that I tied myself. Used a floating line 5 weight. Got my fly out usually 20-30 feet from shore. Any suggestions for better success?

Admin
Admin
I use a black nymph (with a gold bead instead of a head) or zag bug or prince. Size 12-14. About 3 feet under a strike indicator (i use a little corkie (sp?)). But I think the main reason - it's slow there lately, most of fish were caught there. I was there for about 3 hours this morning - not a single bite. But this week they gonna stock it!!!

P
Pepp
That is exciting!

That is exciting!

AWESOME! I plan on going there. I am tempted to bring my float tube. If you don't mind I would be honored to fish with you sometime.

S
steelhead_stalkers
Any small fly will work in stocked ponds. I used to do pretty good on a tiny pink fly. Also chironomids work really well (white head, red body). Good luck!

Admin
Admin
Pepp said:
AWESOME! I plan on going there. I am tempted to bring my float tube. If you don't mind I would be honored to fish with you sometime.
Sure. I like to fish with other people. Just let me know what date/time you are planning to go there.