Fly bubbles

F

FishSchooler

Getting ready to go camping in Yosemite and got some bubble bobbers--whatever they are called.
They are basically a hollow plastic elongated ball with eyes at the end, arent you supposed to be able to screw them apart to fill them with water for weight? It looks like you can screw them apart, but I just can't get them to budge!

T

TTFishon

Getting ready to go camping in Yosemite and got some bubble bobbers--whatever they are called.
They are basically a hollow plastic elongated ball with eyes at the end, arent you supposed to be able to screw them apart to fill them with water for weight? It looks like you can screw them apart, but I just can't get them to budge!

I believe that's the clear tear drop bobber you are talking about. These are the one's I use.
http://thumbs2.ebaystatic.com/pict/270398251363_3.jpg

A

A_J-Llama

the floats with the eye screws do not come apart, rather, not supposed to. I have had them lose the seal and fill with water and sink b4. the ones you want , if you wish to adjust with water, either have a rubber tube through the middle with a stopper at one end(you twist the tubing to secure on your line) or they have a tapered plug that you use to fill with the amount of water(need a bobber stop with this one).

F

FishSchooler

Dangit...
Oh well, I guess that's 3 more regular bobbers to my collection. They are weighty enough to cast too...

A

A_J-Llama

those bubble floats are my favorite to use with ultra light spin rod and 2lb leader with a dry fly or emerger. i cast out and b4 it reaches target, i slow down the fall to reduce the splash and so the fly can catch up to the float. As soon as it hits the water I pull the float towards me to straighten the leader(small end to main line and big end tied to leader)and get ready for the take down. The motion of the float seems to attract the fish to the fly, I have caught lots of fish with this method in streams and lakes alike.;) try it, you'll like it:dance::dance:

F

FishSchooler

those bubble floats are my favorite to use with ultra light spin rod and 2lb leader with a dry fly or emerger. i cast out and b4 it reaches target, i slow down the fall to reduce the splash and so the fly can catch up to the float. As soon as it hits the water I pull the float towards me to straighten the leader(small end to main line and big end tied to leader)and get ready for the take down. The motion of the float seems to attract the fish to the fly, I have caught lots of fish with this method in streams and lakes alike.;) try it, you'll like it:dance::dance:

Um... how do you slow down the fall without magical powers? Putting pressure on the line will just change the direction

I will definitely try it with flies! But I also have spinners/plugs as a backup. :cool:

A

A_J-Llama

I extend my index finger on my rod hand and it will feather the line as it is coming off the spool, slowing it considerably. I takes a little practice, but I'm sure you can master it;)

H

Hawk

Bro FS, we use to camp & catch many trout between Strawberry & Dardanelle off highway 108 (Sonora Pass) on the Stanislaus or Tuolumne Rivers.

:D:D:D

Catch some biggun Hawgs...

Troutski

Troutski

Nice...

Nice...

I extend my index finger on my rod hand and it will feather the line as it is coming off the spool, slowing it considerably. I takes a little practice, but I'm sure you can master it;)

Nice trick...very nice - thanks.

Chuck

C

catphish

:shock: Crafty....I must try my hand at this...feathering. :think: