Florence 9/1

radiation

A buddy and I were putting in at Florence with the intentions of fishing up around the Dairy Hole and my buddy ran into a friend that told him they were knocking them dead in the ocean. So we headed out the bar and traveled to 250' depth, as we were told. We had our lines in the water by 8:00 and within 10 minutes we had one in the boat. We had 3 in the boat by 10:00 with 1 lost at the boat and countless soft bites that didn't result in anything. For the next 3 hours we had countless bites that were so soft that we couldn't get to them. They were just nibbling on the bait enough that they were stripping our bait but we were unable to set the hooks. Finally at 1 pm we finally got our last fish and headed to shore. It was a small one that earlier in the morning we would have sent away to grow up but after the cold streak we decided to keep it. All in all it was a pretty good day. The ocean was

rogerdodger

Most Featured
excellent, that matches what I saw and heard out there on Saturday, there fish were out past 240' on the bite, my friend and I took our kayaks out a bit past 200' which wasn't deep enough. :(...great job.

Irishrover

Most Featured
Those soft bite can drive you crazy. We were having a bit of that going on. Glad you got your fish!

hobster

Awesome, that's good news. Maybe they will be heading to the river soon, bring on the rain! Well done!

for ads free experience.

Top Bottom