Floating the river

L
lilsalmon
I met Jeanna, the drift boat, and her little dog too...:D at the river today (thursday) and we did a float from Leaburg to Greenwood. As soon as we put in the vultures began to gather....
5890310564_3ec1464438_m.jpg
Oh...those were other boats...and people everywhere...

We tossed some eggs, shrimp, gear, etc with no luck so I pulled out my flyrod....I caught the first fish, on a fly rod, in Jeannas boat..:D
5889742791_55dd6b99b9_m.jpg

While Jeanna did her thing I went back and forth between eggs and dry fly....I was there to try and get my first salmon but I get bored and I know that fly fishing is a fer sure thing. We floated down a bit past people and boats and pull in to this nice little spot...fish on!!!
5889742835_3d49107da3_m.jpg

Jeanna says something like I guess I should have brought mine...I hand her my rod and she starts casting.....Fish on!!!! Jeannas first trout on a dry fly in her own little drift boat with Ava snoring under my seat!!!!! Yay!!!! A very nice one at that...
5890310626_519df3fb7d_m.jpg
5889742735_16ecebbb0b_m.jpg

What a great day...and I officially became Jeanna's homie....yesssssss...Did I spell homie right? cuz I have never been a homie before...what an awesome day. Thanks Jeanna!!!

R
RunWithSasquatch
Some ominous clouds going on with those birds too...

Awesome trip

S
Santiam338
Nicely done...I am taking a break from steelhead/salmon also...Just floating the Mac tommorow with nothing but my trout rod and a frying pan..Sometimes the salmon fishing gets to worklike and a pure fun trip is what is needed..

Thanks for the inspiration..

S
Santiam338
:)

Last edited:
Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Yay!! Good for you both! Sounds like you gals had a fun day...all three of you. :) Now I'm really jealous...
I NEED TO FISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Okay,I feel better now

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Yay!! Good for you both! Sounds like you gals had a fun day...all three of you. :) Now I'm really jealous...
I NEED TO FISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Okay,I feel better now

B
bigsteel
way to go ladies,,,looks like an awesome day to be on the river

troutdude
troutdude
I was gonna say..."Ladies day out". But, now I think it would be better stated as, "Homies day out"! Glad to see your an OFFicial homie now.

Glad u homies had a nice float.

And I didn't know that buzzards like homies.

J
JeannaJigs
Had a great time. Had a salmon on for a few heavy headshakes and then it was bye bye mr salmon :( the trout redeemed the day. I've only caught fish on a lake with flies, so a fly on the river was rad in itself, but then i saw it come up and it was a vicious take with an amazing flash. So rad. It was a nice change of pace from the salmon/steel grind. Hindsight is 20/20 though I'm paying the price today. Shift started at 0400 and I didn't get home and to bed until 2300. Gah. Oh well. I'd do it all over again. Coffee and amp saved lives today. Literally.

Glad you could go rose on such short notice. It's hard coordinating with someone else to go that has a vehicle to use as a shuttle. Next time we gotta do this crap on a weekday early in the morning to avoid, as someone else put it, the "handicapped bumper boating".

J
JeannaJigs
Oh this thread would not be complete, without a picture of the most awesome home dawg in the world. For being a young pup, she only gets squirrlely when she has to pee, otherwise she is just straight chillin.

For example, that life vest I should be wearing, she
Made a cozy little nest out of and was snoring, loudly.

ca560198.jpg

J
JeannaJigs
Stupid phone and it's double posting retardation!

G
GDBrown
Sounds like you girls had a great time out there! Love the little doggie photos. Jeanna, you just gotta get all that steel out of your head for a while and just enjoy fishing for a change! :lol: That's why so many of us have fly rods with us ALL the time.

J
JeannaJigs
I won't lie, I was nice to just mess around lol. I get too wrapped up in the salmon/steel conquest, that I forget about the 50,000 trout in the river. It was fun. If I didn't have to take the pup to the vet, and get ready to go camping, I'd be headed out again lol. Even though I'm totally dead tired and barely able to keep my eyes open as I sit here waiting for my shift to end in 5 minutes, totally slacking off, but it's the end of my shift and I don't care, everythings done and no ones in immediate danger of dying. Yay.

H
Hawk
JeannaJigs said:
Oh this thread would not be complete, without a picture of the most awesome home dawg in the world. For being a young pup, she only gets squirrlely when she has to pee, otherwise she is just straight chillin.

For example, that life vest I should be wearing, she
Made a cozy little nest out of and was snoring, loudly.

ca560198.jpg

OH What a beautiful puppie, Jeanna.

I love pups...:lol::lol::lol:

Great fishin' girls. :D
ya done did good...

L
lilsalmon
it was an awesome day....any time you want to go Jeanna and there is gas in the Cruiser...I will be there....thanks again

troutdude
troutdude
I'm glad that you homie's were able to out run the buzzards!