Floating Keno stretch part 2

N
nymph21
Well I talked about it about a year ago and my friend and I decided we r gonna float in our pontoons come this mothers day. Wish us luck. I'll post pics when its all said and done granted we r alive:confused:

T
Throbbit _Shane
Good luck!! Im gonna take my toon over to the Williamson some day.

Iv floated the Klamath below JC boyle res. and that is some gnarly water!!!! Loads of fun but only if your with people that know what they're doing. definitely not pontoon water haha.

Tight Lines!

N
nymph21
I floated the Williamson a few times last year quite a few big fish. And really easy float.

M
Mad dog
nymph21 said:
Well I talked about it about a year ago and my friend and I decided we r gonna float in our pontoons come this mothers day. Wish us luck. I'll post pics when its all said and done granted we r alive:confused:

Idiots!!!:lol:

I'm anxious to see how this one unfolds!

N
nymph21
It will be fine and we are gonna slay them.

M
Mad dog
nymph21 said:
It will be fine and we are gonna slay them.

Probably!!!

Say hi to Darren for me....be sure to wave with all your fingers!

N
nymph21
He will **** himself if he sees us down there in pontoons, in his supposed unfloatable waters.

M
Mad dog
nymph21 said:
He will **** himself if he sees us down there in pontoons, in his supposed unfloatable waters.

I'm sure he will ****himself because he will be laughing so hard he will lose control of his bodily functions!

R
rippin fish lips
nymph21 said:

If people in new zealand can run there skinny water jets in an inch of water, evey water body should be consided runnable/floatable, unless its a steam with never ending small pockets with big ass boulders. lol

N
nymph21
Its just the guide try to scare people off. It does have some bad water not really suitable for a pontoon but he states the water is unfloatable, but in the guide books it is listed as unboatable. I'm guessing they are meaning for a drift boat

N
nymph21
Well we did the deed yesterday. We floated the whole thing in 9 ft pontoons. the river was flowing at 720. It would of been an easier float if the river was up a little bit. At that level there are about 8 spots that could cause issues. I did not float the last one as I felt it was out of my abilities but my friend floated that last part twice to get both our pontoons out of there. Its not that the last rapid is bad as we encountered worse ones, it is just a difficult spot to get in the proper position to go down the shoot, and if you don't hit the perfect spot your gonna have a bad day. So there you have it is certainly possible to do it in a pontoon very safely granted you have some good rowing abilities. I will try and post a video later of my buddy going down the last part. As far as fishing goes, it was terrible we only caught one that was 17 inches, other than that we had really no strikes at all.