Floating 2/4 from Oxbow

T
thebigdog00s
I'm gonna be out in my driftboat on Saturday. Doing Oxbow to Dabney with some friends of mine. If you see me, come say hi! I'm in a black Koffler high side. I'll give you all a report when I get off the water, until then- Good luck !

Irishrover
Irishrover
thebigdog00s said:
I'm gonna be out in my driftboat on Saturday. Doing Oxbow to Dabney with some friends of mine. If you see me, come say hi! I'm in a black Koffler high side. I'll give you all a report when I get off the water, until then- Good luck !

Looking forward to that report...especially any new hazards.

N
NoobTooner
Irishrover said:
Looking forward to that report...especially any new hazards.

especially the hazards!!!!
be carefull out there.
tight lines.

Irishrover
Irishrover
How was that float? Any chrome bright fish?;)

T
thebigdog00s
Well, the day was great but no fish in our boat. We floated to L&C rather than pull out at dabney and saw the only fish caught just below the stark street bridge. The water seemed clear when it was slow moving, but any time that it got into any current or any other kind of turbidity, it was murky with a lot of sand in it for a good while down. We threw the whole box at them and they didn't want to take anything that we had to offer. We were all kind of baffled as to why there were no fish. But like I said, we only saw one caught... As far as the float went, the river was quite different as far as sandbar locations and where islands were. Other than the big trees right at Gordon's, there wasn't much wood actually IN the water.

It was a good day. Would have been great if we would have got a chromer...

Irishrover
Irishrover
Thanks for the report. I take it the ramp at Dabney must still be full of sand.

T
thebigdog00s
Yeah it looked pretty nasty still. I'm sure you could make it with a good 4x4. we just opted to go the rest of the way due to the nice (not raining) weather and that we thought that it would get better lower...