Float tube

F
fishudedmeet
im buying a float tube. do i need waders? i know i need fins.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
hoo-haa's & ho-ho's

hoo-haa's & ho-ho's

fishudedmeet said:
im buying a float tube. do i need waders? i know i need fins.

Well, I can't help but believe unless you're either artificial from the waist down or superhuman you're going to want something to keep your hoo-haa's and ho-ho's from freezing. :think: ;) The water won't warm up enough for bare legs and whatever else til summer...congrats on the tube! Be safe.
Barb

H
Hawk
Buy a Yellow Submarine.............Mucho Better..............................:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:.....................:rolleyes:

18406ej
18406ej
I have been using my tube Summer and Winter. Even on the coldest days I find that neoprene waders (with layers worn underneath) keep me comfortable, and in the Summer heat they are perfect with just one layer (cotton) worn underneath. I think my waders are actually designed for hunting (they are camo-colored) but they were on sale at a great price at Sportsman's Warehouse.

N
ninja2010
most recommended...

not just to keep the dangling legs warm in these waters, but also to protect your legs. i was toob fishing with a buddy in sandy eggo bay and since the water's warm, he had no waders. consequently, when the tide carried in some icky yucky algae-like thingy, his legs were covered in slime, and he was scratching crazy when we got back to shore. he's fine after a trip to the medics.

point is, one never knows what the water will carry with it, so it's best to have waders. just my 2 cents...

F
Fatties
Waders are a must IMHO. I prefer the dry waders as opposed to the neoprene. Good socks and long underwear and/or fleece you can handle (clear Lake) cold water in the winter for a good run. In the summer shorts only underneath will do nicely. I would recommend the socks waders over the boot attached waders- the boots wear out in the latter and your out boots and waders.

:D

F
fishudedmeet
hips

hips

do hip waders work?

N
ninja2010
fishudedmeet said:
do hip waders work?

depends how high you sit on your toob... some are higher up, so hippies would work fine. some toobs dunk your butt deep in the drink, so you're gonna get wet from splash - in places you won't want to be wet... and water has a tendency to find their into those areas.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
You're gonna need a pair of full length chest waders and felt soled boots. Post a wanted ad in classified maybe someone has an old pair laying around.

F
fishudedmeet
alt propulsion

alt propulsion

is there another way to propel a float tube besides with fins?

F
FishSchooler
fishudedmeet said:

A small electric motor will work... or oars. Or having some pet eagles tow you. Just kidding... :whistle: ;)

18406ej
18406ej
I don't know if it is a lack of coordination on my part, but I have a lot of trouble doing turns in place when out in my tube (a V-style Cat) using just my fins. I am going to be carrying a short length of paddle with me for those times when I need to manuever the tube quickly in order to cast to a certain point.

As far a propulsion for cruising though, I think you are stuck using the fin system.

H
Hawk
fishudedmeet said:

sneek up on a biig sturgeon when she is sleepin', tie on to her. bee prepared fer the ride of yer life....................................:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:...............................:cool::cool::cool: