flashers?

T
Thuggin4Life
just wondering what kind of flashers are the best for fishing tide water for fall nook? and where is the best place to get them? last year i went out with a guy who had the chartrues reen flashers set up for every pole we had in the wate now i have my own boat and need to start getting the gear since i plan on trolling tide wateras much as possible this season.

K
Kodiak
It depends on the river you are fishing. I almost never use a flasher in tide water and do really well. some places you need one like in lower bays. Don't go all crazy with them...some times less is more.

Troutski
Troutski
Less is more...

Less is more...

Kodiak said:
It depends on the river you are fishing. I almost never use a flasher in tide water and do really well. some places you need one like in lower bays. Don't go all crazy with them...some times less is more.

I totally agree when it comes to flashers, either for Trout or Salmon. If you are going to use them keep it light weight, small and give nothing a try. I use nothing 90% of the time and like Kodiak says "I do rather well". Just my opinion, I am sure the tackle manufacturers would disagree with me;)

Chuck

Irishrover
Irishrover
I buy the "Big AL" flashers at Bi Mart. Most of the rest of my gear I order from Cabelas. I use the Big Al flasher conected right to the diver. Thats for fishing Warrenton. That is of course when I use a flasher which is very seldom. I don't use them in the ocean or in Tillamook Bay. If I'm trolling it's a diver down to a nose clip with a herring or a spinner. If you are building up you fishing gear be sure to include lots of bead chain. Bead chains are an often over looked piece of gear and they really help keep you line from twisting.;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Troutski
T
Thuggin4Life
was planning on trolling both down river of mappleton on the siuslaw and below scottsburg and near reedsport on the umpqua. so just a diver and a herring? what about plug cutting them? and what kind of divers do you get? i have never used a diver i just use wieght with my flashers. could you just use a wigglewart or kwikfish without hooks for a diver and use some leader to the hook and bait? aslo what kinda lures are good to troll for fall nooks ?

H
Hawk
yep, i was at the lake fishin' the bank fer bass...

this bigg woman on the bank didn't hav any clothes on.................. my poor eyes.............................:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty:

R
rainman
Thuggin4Life said:
was planning on trolling both down river of mappleton on the siuslaw and below scottsburg and near reedsport on the umpqua. so just a diver and a herring? what about plug cutting them? and what kind of divers do you get? i have never used a diver i just use wieght with my flashers. could you just use a wigglewart or kwikfish without hooks for a diver and use some leader to the hook and bait? aslo what kinda lures are good to troll for fall nooks ?

I've fished those rivers, and we never used flashers, altho I do have a few in my repertoire.
Just cannonballs on a short dropper w/ sardine-wrapped kwiks or plug-cut herring. Haven't tried spinners, tho I do need to get a few of those infamous TCO's.

K
Kodiak
aslo what kinda lures are good to troll for fall nooks ?

Here's alink that might help! Predator :lol:I I use the 10ft jet diver in metalic blue, but most of the time my rig is weight slider on my main line(25# UG) to a swivel..behind the swivel 4ft of 20# UG to a 4-6 bead chain swivelthen 3 0r 4ft of leader bck to what ever I'm trolling. I run a gut out plug cut herring(blue or purple labels), spinners, flat fish (not quick fish..flat fish have awider "search" and cover more ground), wobblers, and Occasionally a mid sized spinglow with a prawn. OFF! of my weight slider I run two to three ounces of weight on a 18"-24" dropper. Troll as slow as you can and keep your gear working. Most of the time this around 0.8mph over tide speed. I prefer to troll with the tide, and it seems to produce better than trying to buck the tide unless the fish are really on the move. Overall troll speed is not as much of a factor as your gear working properly and down in the strike zone. The easiest way to tell if you are down is to simply drop your rod tip, if your weight hits the bottom you are in the money, if not let out more line until you do. Hope tht helps.
Good Luck!

K
Kodiak
Hawk said:
yep, i was at the lake fishin' the bank fer bass...

this bigg woman on the bank didn't hav any clothes on.................. my poor eyes.............................:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty:

Ok ..duh I get it....After further review the ruling on the field stands...WTH will remain in play as it applies to "flashers"...Second down!

Irishrover
Irishrover
Thuggin4Life said:

Usuing weights works fine for trolling but when you hook a fish with a diver you don't have to deeal with that weight. I use the luhr jensen deep six diver and run it back to a nose clip with a small spinner on it. If I want to get down to the bottom I use a slider and a cannon ball weight. I'll run the weight right off the botttom. The key is to be felexable with your fishing method.

Last edited: