FishSchooler vs. Troutier Bassier

F
FishSchooler
We have started a little fun competition, who could have the highest coho : trip ratio.
As many of you know, I will only get 1 or 2 chances to catch as many Sandy River coho as I can, and Troutier will get probably over 10. We need to balance this out, so whoever you are in favor of, feel free to share knowledge (in PMs).

Rules are
-You need picture evidence
-Our face must be in the pictures (no picture stealing)
-The picture has to be on the river

Mods-could we get a poll going of favors? :D

Last edited:
A
adambomb
Why only 1 or 2 chances for you?

F
FishSchooler
adambomb said:
Why only 1 or 2 chances for you?

My dad doesn't exactly enjoy waiting in the cold...

D
dude young
IMPORTANT: This is ONLY a JOKE!!!

IMPORTANT: This is ONLY a JOKE!!!

I am in on this. Only, I am gonna have to put my own Guinea twist on it. I will be taking side action on this little competition. Once Vegas sets the odds, I will post the line and start taking wagers. Also, there will be side vigs, of course, such as over/under for each competitor, first fish, heaviest fish, oh, and for you complete degenerate gamblers, you can bet on the fish weight-to-line weight ratio (i.e.- a 14 pound fish on 8 pound test is worth less than a 8 pound fish on 4 pound test).

Who's in? Also, there will be a fee paid for quality scouting reports.

FS, you right or left handed?

K
Kodiak
I'm always down for degenerate behavior!:lol: I beeing a decent guy will not be placing a bet as I know one little fact that you guys don't that could SEVEARLY affect the odds. A certain participant will soon be in possesion of yet-to-be-released Coho producing colors from TCO in Mini form. I'm not saying which one, but will be interesting to see whom whales on whom.

F
FishSchooler
Kodiak said:
I'm always down for degenerate behavior!:lol: I beeing a decent guy will not be placing a bet as I know one little fact that you guys don't that could SEVEARLY affect the odds. A certain participant will soon be in possesion of yet-to-be-released Coho producing colors from TCO in Mini form. I'm not saying which one, but will be interesting to see whom whales on whom.

Oh shoot... Im dead.
My sharpies unfortunately arent UVified onto that kind of scale...

;)

DY-if the last question wasn't a joke, I am right handed, but I prefer right hand retrieves :)

H
Hawk
FishSchooler said:
My dad doesn't exactly enjoy waiting in the cold...

Bro your Dad could get a Coleman Black Cat Catalytic Heater to keep warm.

:D

F
FishSchooler
Hawk said:
Bro your Dad could get a Coleman Black Cat Catalytic Heater to keep warm.

:D

And he always needs to "take a ... " everytime we go fishing. hm... :rolleyes:

T
Troutier Bassier
Over 10?
More like 5.
And Fishschooler, Your gonna Lose.
When dose the Competition Start?
And dose Scouting count as a Trip?

F
FishSchooler
Troutier Bassier said:
Over 10?
More like 5.
And Fishschooler, Your gonna Lose.
When dose the Competition Start?
And dose Scouting count as a Trip?

Of course scouting counts as a trip! Can you not leave your house and scout out the same time? :think:

Competition starts now for coho
You MUST post every trip on this thread. Or else, I win.

T
Troutier Bassier
Scouting is not the Same thing! Cause your not Fishing!

K
Kodiak
Troutier Bassier said:
Scouting is not the Same thing! Cause your not Fishing!

I agree, however the second your rod leaves the house its a trip..Pure and simple..you have the abilty to fish at that point and thats all that matters.

F
FishSchooler
Kodiak said:
I agree, however the second your rod leaves the house its a trip..Pure and simple..you have the abilty to fish at that point and thats all that matters.

Does that mean testing the spinners in the backyard pond counts? :shock:
Just kidding, but I think we should change this fish-trip ratio to fish-hour ratio.
Scouting would be a huge advantage though, and you live close and your dad (or whoever) is willing to take you.

K
Kodiak
FishSchooler said:
Does that mean testing the spinners in the backyard pond counts? :shock:
Just kidding, but I think we should change this fish-trip ratio to fish-hour ratio.
Scouting would be a huge advantage though, and you live close and your dad (or whoever) is willing to take you.

No way!..you already agreed to the rules...changing wouldn't be fair. There is more than one way to scout schooler. It's fish per trip, and early yet. Coho move fast, just because they are here today, don't mean they will be tomorrow.

F
FishSchooler
Kodiak said:
No way!..you already agreed to the rules...changing wouldn't be fair. There is more than one way to scout schooler. It's fish per trip, and early yet. Coho move fast, just because they are here today, don't mean they will be tomorrow.

Scouting on google maps isn't really my thing... hm... :think:

K
Kodiak
Thats not what I meant...you are not elk hunting for pitty sakes. They are Coho, they are dumb, they bite things, end of story. The key to it is finding where the largest numbers of fish are and most accessible. You do that by talking to people and doing research..what makes a coho in the LAST stages of its life cycle tic?

F
FishSchooler
Kodiak said:
what makes a coho in the LAST stages of its life cycle tic?

Heeheeheehee

Last edited:
T
Troutier Bassier
Fine, Scouting counts as a Trip. And my Dad isn't taking me. My Friends dad is Dropping us Off at the River. And we Fish alone. (Me and my Friend). He also Happens to know a lot about Coho.
Heeheeheehee

T
Troutier Bassier
Wow,
You will All See!

B
Bfishin
:lol:This thread just made me laugh for a good minute or 2. I love it