Fishingfreaks first Steelhead

F
fishingfreak
My third day out and I got my 1st Chrome. It is 29" and 11lbs. What a great fight and water dance show. I used Store bought Jigs for 2 days no hits, I almost gave up on Steel head and Salmon fishing. Then CJ gave me some advice on floatin/drifting tactics and how to read the water. He told me not to give up until I recieved the Jigs, spinners, and misc tackle from Dead Hook Tackle. Then I recieved my order from Dead Hook Tackle and went out to give it a try . The Jigs were great. 4 casts later and bam the fight was on. What a water show, there was water dancing, thrashing, and 4 1/2 minutes later it was in my hands. Thanks CJ and Dead Hook Tackle. I am going back for more on Wednesday. I am Hooked. Also Thank You to anyfishisfine for helping a rookie with the setup and Thank you to the forum for being here to help all rookies.:D:clap:
LA 5-3-2010FishingpicsMy1stSteelhead00.jpg5-3-2010FishingpicsMy1stSteelhea-3.jpg

Admin
Admin
Nice catch! :clap:

L
lilsalmon
good job...congrats!!!!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Way to Slay!! That first one is the rush you will remember for a lifetime. Thanks for sharing it with us.

18406ej
18406ej
I am into almost a one year skunk on the Steelhead slaying- good job!

B
bigsteel
way to go bro,,,,,,,,,persistence pays off...

B
bigdog
Nice job and nice fish. Glad I was able to help out and glad the tackle worked out for you. Being it is only your third trip out you are doing great then. Hope someday I can get out there and meet you to hit some water together.

CJ

M
mgdguy
Congrats! :clap: It only gets better from here on out :) Nice fish!

C
Cohosanders
:D Sweet looking fish :clap: Way 2 go and keep on going:cool:

I
Indifisher
This message brought to you by "DEAD HOOK TACKLE."

Seriously though, great job. Like others mentioned, you are out to a great start. Myself, I have been in a slump for a while. Good job on the chrome and stay positive. There may be times you want to walk away, but don't. Put in the time and the river gods will reward.

Indifisher

F
fishfor life
nice fish. thanks for sharing you experiance with us..

B
bigdog
Indifisher said:
This message brought to you by "DEAD HOOK TACKLE."
:lol: Yeah think I might have to hire him now :lol:

For real though was nice to meet you today Fishingfreak look forward to killing some fish with soon.

FishFor Life: I like your name:lol:

M
Moe
Nice fish Man! That is a beautiful chrome steelie!

T
Thuggin4Life
Hey thats nice looking fish! Keep up the good work. 3rd trip so you must be doing something right.

F
fishingfreak
My wife tells me I am addicted now after my first fish. She says "fishing for you is Like crack, you are just out there looking for your next Hit". I would have to agree I can't wait to land another one. Thanks to everyone for all the Positive comments. There is no giving up for me now thats for sure.

LA

F
fishfor life
You wife is not the only one that thinks that way. You may need to have her come with you next time you out and feel the power.....( of fishing)....

F
fishingfreak
She will be joining us July 17th at the next Fish For Life event on the Santiam. Cannot wait. Then there will be 2 addicts in the family.:dance::clap:

B
bigdog
There should be plenty of fish in that river by then. At least that is what I'm being told I don't know that river at all though. Guess going to need to make a few trips out there before hand to get to know it some.

CJ

F
fishingfreak
Cool I hope she can hook into a big one out there. That would be great and funny to watch. She would probably freeak out.lol
LA