Fishingfreak got more chrome

F
fishingfreak
I went out this morning for redemption after loosing a big Springer (bit through my leader:naughty:) and hooking a fat native fighter last evening . I landed these two fighters after a new fishing buddy showed me a killer hole on the Clack (Thanks Buddy:D). I landed them on Dead Hook Tackle Nightmare Jig and a pretty little black one with a red trailing bead and little something added By Dead Hook Tackle(Thanks Bigdog;)). Bigdog is gonna Hook me up with another secret weapon and I am gonna hit the hole again on Wednesday. I have to land my 1st nook :pray::think:. Redemption time Mr. Nookie. The Nook took my Jig I caught my 1st Steelhead on. So if someone lands a big nook with a black jig with a red trailing bead can I have it back.:lol: Thanks again Bigdog we need to slay them together next time.
LA
2010fishingpicsmoreSteelies005.jpg2010fishingpicsmoreSteelies004.jpg

T
Thuggin4Life
Some nice chromers!

J
Johnny Southpaw
Good job on the double-chrome outing. Hope you hook and land a springer soon!

B
bigdog
Nice work man them are some bright fish right there. Sometime we will be able to get out there together and get some blood on the bank. Looks like I will be back to being a weekend caster, have to go back to work wed :(

F
fishingfreak
Thanks Brother, I want to Land a Springer so bad. That one hit so freaking hard it stunned me, I think I had my drag way to loose because it turned and went downstream instead of upstream and the leader went across its teeth and was cut in half like butter. The guy that seen it was wading 10' away from it and ran out of the water. He said it was huge. I didn't see it but i felt it. Wow they have power it buried my IM8 like a twig. I am a little over a month into Salmon and Steelhead fishing so I am learning. I will get the hang of it and land one soon:pray:. Let me know when you want to go Bigdog.

LA

M
metalfisher76
Nice frikin chrome! All of yer big fish will turn downstream at some point in the fight. They use the hydraulics of the water to help them get as far away from point A as possible, lookin for something to go around the whole time. Nice job!

F
fishingfreak
Thanks metalfisher76. See I learn something everyday about fishing. The guy next to me said the Nooks always run up and told me my drag was to loose. I thought it was pretty tight but not to tight where they can spool me. All I know is I lost it and it was big and strong. We should hit the water sometime I am laid off so I fish 5 out of 7 a week right now.
Let me know when or if you want to school and fish with a rookie.
LA

M
metalfisher76
Sure thing. Those big nooks will go up, but eventually they`ll tire and use the water to beat up on ya.

C
Cohosanders
:DNice deuce chrome:cool: I will catch that nook, but you can have your jig back:clap:

F
fishingfreak
:lol:Someone will catch that big pig. I hope its you.:clap: I have my gear setup correctly now. Drag was too loose (Rookie Mistake)I think that is why I was loosing so many fish. Those 2 were'nt getting away from me although they tried really hard. Correct me if I am wrong but with my drag set tighter where they can pull it out and run but not create slack in the line it is easier to set the hook and keep them on correct? It worked good for those 2.

LA

M
metalfisher76
fishingfreak said:
:lol:Someone will catch that big pig. I hope its you.:clap: I have my gear setup correctly now. Drag was too loose (Rookie Mistake)I think that is why I was loosing so many fish. Those 2 were'nt getting away from me although they tried really hard. Correct me if I am wrong but with my drag set tighter where they can pull it out and run but not create slack in the line it is easier to set the hook and keep them on correct? It worked good for those 2.

LA

Yes. You want them to work for the line they take, rod AND drag. Keep yer rod up at all times, unless you want to turn the fish. Point upstream if he wants go down, vise versa. I`ll put my rod tip in the water at times. This is after a good hook set, UP, you can yank it right out of their mouth if you do the sidearm (Bernie Kosar) hook set.

B
bigsteel
metalfisher76 said:
Yes. You want them to work for the line they take, rod AND drag. Keep yer rod up at all times, unless you want to turn the fish. Point upstream if he wants go down, vise versa. I`ll put my rod tip in the water at times. This is after a good hook set, UP, you can yank it right out of their mouth if you do the sidearm (Bernie Kosar) hook set.

bernie kosar,,,,holy moses i havnt heard of him since i was a baby@!!!!!!!!!!!!hehehhe

F
fishwithdynamite
metalfisher76 said:
This is after a good hook set, UP, you can yank it right out of their mouth if you do the sidearm (Bernie Kosar) hook set.
I have done that.:lol: Yanked it right out!

F
fishingfreak
Thanks for the tips, I will definetly try that. I went out this morning to try some special cured Eggs I bought from BC anglers post, hit one of the spots up from the 205 bridge, got one on 1/2 hr later it dove, wrapped my line around some boulders at the bottom of the river and I lost one again.:mad: The line didn't break it just ripped out of its mouth. Damn Nooks are Elusive. It went so fast straight down I could not believe it. What should I have done besides jump in after it or drop a stick of dynamite.:lol:?

LA

Last edited:
F
fishingfreak
I also have another question for you guys. When I am fishing in deep water like the Coffee hole, or by Highrocks with Eggs or Sandshrimp (from the Bank), should I drift on the bottom or should I use a float/bobber and use a long leader? Cause I have been drifting and there are so many big boulders I keep snagging all the time. What is the most effective and recommended procedure for catching the Nooks? Besides fishing with Dynamite.:D I have been using a float/bobber with a jig and a small piece of shrimp, its pretty effective for Steelhead but I want revenge on these Elusive Nooks! I got lucky the one Nook hit it or do they normally hit jigs w/shrimp? Hell IDK I am Rookie!:think::confused:

LA