Fishing with OR license in WA?

D
donpaconi
Can you fish in the Columbia from the shore on the WA side with OR license? I am new to OR fishing and have been really hard time finding good fishing spots for bank fishing. Thanks for helping me out!

F
flocaster
Welcome to the forum. No, you can't fish from the shore in Washington without a Washington license. If you were in a boat & you launched & landed in Oregon you could fish the entire mainstem of the river.

troutdude
troutdude
X2. Each state requires a license. To fish on the Washington side, you would need a Washington license--in addition to your Oregon license.

Welcome, btw, to OFF!

P.S. What species are you after? Are they only found in the Big C? If not, there are other rivers, with bank access.

D
donpaconi
troutdude said:
X2. Each state requires a license. To fish on the Washington side, you would need a Washington license--in addition to your Oregon license.

Welcome, btw, to OFF!

P.S. What species are you after? Are they only found in the Big C? If not, there are other rivers, with bank access.

Ok, that's what I was afraid of... Although I must say it is a bit of BS that one can fish from a boat on the WA side but not from the shore.
Well, I was thinking trying my luck for some steelhead and chinook. But if you can recommend any other good spots besides the Columbia, I am all ears:).

troutdude
troutdude
You can find steel and nooks, in the Sandy, Clackamas River and Hood River systems (plus, the Santiams to the south). You'll find tons of great information, on here, under those thread headings. Good luck.

D
donpaconi
troutdude said:
You can find steel and nooks, in the Sandy, Clackamas River and Hood River systems (plus, the Santiams to the south). You'll find tons of great information, on here, under those thread headings. Good luck.

Thank you, I will continue digging this great resource!